Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My heater function controls are stuck on the dash setting...I can't switch it to defrost, "feet heat", etc. Has anyone had the motor that controls this function fail on them before? I'll check my electrical connections, fuses, etc., but just wondering if this is a common failure -- I don't think I've heard it mentioned before. I'll need the defrost setting soon as the weather is starting to get pretty chilly here.

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Ryan:As you probably already know crx's are prone to failed heater control heads/cracking etc.
I am assuming that when you push the selector buttons the setting stays regardless of which button you are pressing.
Look under the dash behind the center console.There should be a electrical motor thats attached to the heater plenum.Having your key on and pressing the different selector buttons you should see movement of that linkage thats attached to that motor.
Its unlikely that the motor is bad most likely its the heater control head.
GL on your repair.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I believe the motors can go bad. I'm on my second heater control unit in my CRX. This was a mint condition unit. And it is doing the same thing as the first unit did. It doesn't want to change positions completely. And is dead in a couple of the positions. I'm gonna remove the motor and test it. And am currently on the lookout for a new motor.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
w8 said:
I believe the motors can go bad. I'm on my second heater control unit in my CRX. This was a mint condition unit. And it is doing the same thing as the first unit did. It doesn't want to change positions completely. And is dead in a couple of the positions. I'm gonna remove the motor and test it. And am currently on the lookout for a new motor.
it could be the linkages that the motor is operating are binding a little, therefore wearing out the motor more quickly.

if you do get yet another unit, it could be worth it to clean/lube and check over the other parts of the system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.