Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
arite well... i live in the northshore part of chicagoland...and as some of u may know... its freezing like mad...stupid winter..and my CRX has a problem...the HEATER!!!! i can have the car warmed up (which takes while), and not even the slightest warm air comes out.. my friend says it could be the thermostat.. but just checkin in here if there are any other possibilities..

·
Administrator
16,557 Posts
Well as long as there's hot coolant flowing through the heater, you should be getting hot heat. That means that something is blocking the flow, and there are only two things I can think of that would do that. One is the thermostat, and the other is the heater hose valve on the firewall. There are two cables going to that valve that are connected to the temp knob. See if that valve moves when you change the temp. Go to full cold, and look at the valve. Then go to full hot and check again to see if it moved. If it's not working you can manually open it.

If it is operating properly replace the thermostat. Get a new one through Honda, they're cheap enough that you won't save much going to Autozone or any similar store.

I guess you could also have a failed water pump, but I don't hear of that happening too often. You'd probably also have overheating issues if that were the case.

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
i had a similar problem with that valve. get the car warmed up, and it can take a while when its freezing cold outside. turn the heat on, move the valve one direction and see if starts to blow warm air. If not turn the valve the other way and check again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If even a little bit of warm air is coming out once you are moving and the car is heated up, It could just be your blower motor. If thats the case it is a pretty cheap fix, and I believe you can get to it without even pulling the dash, it is kind of behind the glove box.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Check for the switch/lever underneath the dash. It should be a white level or roughly 2 inches that one of the two cables goes to. The main cable hold often breaks here, and the valve no longer gets turned. Try switching it and then playing around with your heat. That was the problem with my heater, and numerous others I've talked to.

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
lessonsinspeed said:
Check for the switch/lever underneath the dash. It should be a white level or roughly 2 inches that one of the two cables goes to. The main cable hold often breaks here, and the valve no longer gets turned. Try switching it and then playing around with your heat. That was the problem with my heater, and numerous others I've talked to.
this is most likely your problem. its the air mixture flap.

crawl underneath, behind the center console and look straight up. youll see the white lever. the cable probably came loose. it should be obvious what to fix.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.