Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Tucson! I came out from work today and had a businesscard for this site under my windshield wiper. I'm kinda embarassed that a CRX fan saw the rex in such a dirty condition though :oops: been a while since i cleaned it.

How many of us CRX fans are there in tucson? any local events going on?

Anyhow, when I get a chance I will post some pics of my 89 CRX Si, I currently don't have a place to host them (other than the one pic i have in my myspace profile, www.myspace.com/jlaudiofan)

a bit of history about this car, my aunt bought it brand new and kept it in great shape, had any rust taken care of, and I have EVERY single reciept for anything that was ever done (tires, oil changes, maintenance). The car is in great shape and i love it!!

Catch you all later! and thanks to Laure for inviting me!

Jason

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
welcome to the site. glad to see our card caught your attention. We are not just crx fans, were fanatical about these cars...i assume you will fit right in. 8)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Welcome, Jason.

(Don't mind his embarrassment, everyone. His Si is very nice!)

As to events/people in Tucson, there are a couple guys that post on CRXResource.org, but that site has been down for a while. (users "Lessonsinspeed" (Joel) and "Ikari89" (Carlos)) Plus, there's a lot of membership overlap on this site and that one. These 2 guys take their CRXs to the Tucson Raceway for Autocross a lot. *link*

·
Registered
416 Posts
Welcome to the Community. Looking forward to some pics of your rex. Just noticed on your site that you are from St. Peters. Been living in AZ long? Well anyway again welcome and hopefully you will enjoy your stay.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Welcome to the site. . . . It is great here. . . i am sure that you will fir right in. . . .
Chris

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Welcome! I believe you're the first new visitor as a result of the business cards. Glad it seems to be working. Can't wait to hear more about your rex. :D

And how about some info on your sound system. I really used to be big into that about 5 years ago. (Before marriage, kids, house, etc.) I'm a huge JL Audio fan as well. I had two 10W6's in a custom designed ported box in my old CRX. That system KILLED!!! Anyway, I sold all of my audio equipment to help get out of debt and buy an engagement ring. Right now I have a newly designed ported box sitting in my garage, waiting for a couple of 10W6 V2's, whenever I feel like spending that money. Mmmmm. Some day.

Anyway, welcome!!!

·
Registered
913 Posts
I had a couple of 10w1s for a while, and I was just blown away at the quality of the JL subs compared to anything else I'd owned!!!! Forever impressed! :shock: :D

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Finally got my business cards in the mail...can't wait to start handing them out too! :D Welcome to the site

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, lots o replies! I'll try to answer the questions... here we go!

black_krix_si: Yes, I will fit right in with you guys... i love my rex!!

toxiclows: sup bro.

joshman: I moved to tucson in july of this year to help start a business.

crxfisher: My other car, a 2000 black civic si, used to have 3 JL 12W6's and a 1200 watt lanzar vibe amp. Yes, it was loud! The best thing about that was my subs were about 6 years old and still sounded fantastic. I'd love to get ahold of a 13W7... but that's on a long list of stuff i want ;)

baker_jeff: I will never buy a sub that is not JL. That's how impressed I am with them.

fogd00d: Hi to you too =P

stickershop: Thanks for the welcome.

I am silly... I forgot that we got a webserver at work. I'll see if I can remember to bring some pics to put on that comp. Thanks for the warm welcome all!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Ooooh... a bass fan 8)

My friend's CRX has a 10" JL W7 in a JL box with a JL 500/1 amp (behind his JDM rear seat... sorry, I brag about his car more than he does hehe), with JL components. I'm sure you guys would get along great :lol:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
CeeAreEx90 said:
Ooooh... a bass fan 8)

My friend's CRX has a 10" JL W7 in a JL box with a JL 500/1 amp (behind his JDM rear seat... sorry, I brag about his car more than he does hehe), with JL components. I'm sure you guys would get along great :lol:
Oooh, he's got a W7... I haven't actually heard one, but from what I've read about them they aren't necessarily loud, but really high quality sound. How does it sound??

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here's the rex!

Now, I know this isnt a crx, but this is my first honda and i love it!

·
Registered
218 Posts
JLAudioFan said:
CeeAreEx90 said:
Ooooh... a bass fan 8)

Oooh, he's got a W7... I haven't actually heard one, but from what I've read about them they aren't necessarily loud, but really high quality sound. How does it sound??
Great sound.... not the loudest woofer I've ever heard, but its definately one of the best quality systems I've heard. It's more than enough bass and its really clear. It's a top of the line JL, whaddya expect? :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts