Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Got your email. So...how long did it take you to setup this site? Looks like it has some good potential. If you need moderators, let me know.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Thanks. I will need some moderators once this site gets more action. I got the site setup in a weekend. I have my own web hosting business, so it costs me very little to run. Hope people like it, and I'm looking forward to something that has all the good things about the Resource, but more of an open environment for us all. Thanks for joining.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Anybody who's interested can feel free to contact me. Of course, not everybody can be a moderator, but the early volunteers will probably take precedence.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I volunteer! :D *jumps up and down* Pick me!

Maybe for something like the classifieds forum or the restoration/rebuilding forum.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
crxfisher said:
Thanks. I will need some moderators once this site gets more action. I got the site setup in a weekend. I have my own web hosting business, so it costs me very little to run. Hope people like it, and I'm looking forward to something that has all the good things about the Resource, but more of an open environment for us all. Thanks for joining.
So, this probably means that the site will be very reliable with adequate bandwidth? That's definitely a strong foundation to build a new community on. I hated that the resource kept falling off the internet all the time.

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Hey glad you guys found us here.
I think Toms got it all in order.
I believe fully in toms idea to have a similar platform without all the psychomind games that seem to be on the resource.
Viva la community! :lol:

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Amen! I really like the idea of having discussions and votes before making changes.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I love that theres a stock Rio Red 2nd gen. up top! I mean everyone knows its the best CRX ever!

Great site BTW! Pretty soon the Resource is gonna be a graveyard.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
chet90si said:
Great site BTW! Pretty soon the Resource is gonna be a graveyard.
At the very least, the resource will just be a newbie haven. There won't really be any real technical expertise.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Woo hoo...we officially have 18 members...when can i start moderating them? LOL :p

·
Registered
220 Posts
stickershop said:
Woo hoo...we officially have 18 members...when can i start moderating them? LOL :p
Lol...I already volunteered thourgh PM (Yes! PM!!!) for the AutoX/Drag Racing Forum, so I totally get dibs on it. (Unless someone else beat me to the volunteering, ofcourse.) :D

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
CeeAreEx90 said:
Looks great so far... hey, who's red rex is that up there? LOL :wink:
Thanks. That's a picture of my baby. Almost won best stock last year at N10. We'll see what happens this year. :wink:

I'll get back to you guys soon about moderating. I'm out of town and checking this at a hotel right now. My wife is rolling her eyes for bringing my laptop.

stickershop said:
So, this probably means that the site will be very reliable with adequate bandwidth? That's definitely a strong foundation to build a new community on. I hated that the resource kept falling off the internet all the time.
Yes, we shouldn't have any bandwidth issues and we won't suddenly disappear without notice. I also have a secondary backup server with a dedicated T1 to fall back on if something disastrous does happen. But this should be a very reliable site.

·
Registered
10,896 Posts
Thanks for making this site considering I got canned from the "other" site today a site I have been apart for over 4 years. Watch out what you say because if you actually want on that site they watch what you say on other sites. Lets make this a place other sites used to be. 8)

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I especially like the name of this site. It really sums up what this is all about.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
daveb91 said:
Thanks for making this site considering I got canned from the "other" site today a site I have been apart for over 4 years. Watch out what you say because if you actually want on that site they watch what you say on other sites. Lets make this a place other sites used to be. 8)
Really? What happened? I guess that means I'll be toast too. If there's one thing that I absolutely promise every member here. This crap will never happen. I have no ego. I have no agenda. I'm just a computer geek who loves CRX's and enjoys the whole "community" of being a CRX owner. Welcome all!

·
Registered
566 Posts
does steve know about this site? lol i do hate the way things are over at the resource now. and i think steve has a personal grudge against me becasue i call him out on what he is doing, especially when he specifically disabled things on my acount to get to me. dave what happened to get you banned?

fisher, you should plug this site on the resource, LOL.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts