Honda CRX Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
No, I don't want to do anything to annoy Steve. I don't want to plug this site. That's against his rules. I have no reason to get on his bad side. He has the right to run his site like a dictatorship if that's how he wants to do it. I prefer a democracy. A democracy has rules, but the people have the power to change the rules for a better community. Some people think it's a good idea. :D

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I got banned before I signed up for this site or CRX HQ. I really think there's more going on than just anger and defensiveness. No normal balanced person stays that angry for that long. There's definitely something about it that is irrational.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I dunno... I wouldn't be suprised if Steve had some other problems, but I'm sure he's got a very different view of how a board should be run as well as what can be done to someone who runs a board. I've never seen another board have that 'conscent to intercept communications' disclaimer, so my money says he sees many more of the legal pratfalls to running a web forum. I mean, lets face it, people'll sue for anything nowadays, going after him personally for his board claiming they told me something what blew up my car wouldn't be a stretch of the imagination.

And I agree, the plugwhoring done by some of the folks Cloud's site is a bit much. You don't like the place, fine. No need to be an ass and cause trouble.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
DiscoStu said:
And I agree, the plugwhoring done by some of the folks Cloud's site is a bit much. You don't like the place, fine. No need to be an butt and cause trouble.
Funny thing, everyone keeps saying "the Resource is dying" but some of those same people go to extremes to get back on the Resource to plug their own sites. All their sites put together would have about half the posts the Resource gets in a day (I know I lurk).

I welcome any new CRX site. This one seems nice, it's been added to my "Favorites". I'll still be on the Resource daily, sometimes Honda-Tech, CRX Owners Club, and this site.......

·
Registered
529 Posts
DiscoStu said:
I dunno... I wouldn't be suprised if Steve had some other problems, but I'm sure he's got a very different view of how a board should be run as well as what can be done to someone who runs a board. I've never seen another board have that 'conscent to intercept communications' disclaimer, so my money says he sees many more of the legal pratfalls to running a web forum. I mean, lets face it, people'll sue for anything nowadays, going after him personally for his board claiming they told me something what blew up my car wouldn't be a stretch of the imagination.

And I agree, the plugwhoring done by some of the folks Cloud's site is a bit much. You don't like the place, fine. No need to be an butt and cause trouble.
werd. I've always wondered about that "intercept communications" thing. i mean, yeah its good to cover yourself like that, but i've never seen anyone else do it... But he is into whatever it is he does for a living, maybe that has something to do with it :shock:

·
Registered
10,926 Posts
crxfisher said:
daveb91 said:
Thanks for making this site considering I got canned from the "other" site today a site I have been apart for over 4 years. Watch out what you say because if you actually want on that site they watch what you say on other sites. Lets make this a place other sites used to be. 8)
Really? What happened? I guess that means I'll be toast too. If there's one thing that I absolutely promise every member here. This crap will never happen. I have no ego. I have no agenda. I'm just a computer geek who loves CRX's and enjoys the whole "community" of being a CRX owner. Welcome all!
Thanks for making this site. I asked Steve that if he wanted to give up the site there were a couple of people who would definately take it over for him. This comes from a couple of months ago when he had the "Site admin" screen name and said it was because he wouldnt be around forever and would give ur the reigns to someone else and it would be easier for someone to slide into the site admin role, and for this I got banned. The last 4.5 years gone I put up with all the crashes and url changes and now this blah! Hey on the bright side this site looks good I would suggest pming people on the resource but you know what happened there. I will pm or post on other crx sites about this place.
Again thanks for making this site. :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
Charlie said:
werd. I've always wondered about that "intercept communications" thing. i mean, yeah its good to cover yourself like that, but i've never seen anyone else do it... But he is into whatever it is he does for a living, maybe that has something to do with it :shock:
Yeah. He does, after all, break out a story about working with the government or having an Iraqi shove an AK47 in his face during the weapons inspections and stuff like that.

·
Registered
566 Posts
i officially quit the resource. screw steve, he's got this big ego thing going on i dont know what his deal is. he has an infatuation with disabling my sig and avatars. i dont know if he's butt-hurt cause his site sucks or what.

link to my farewell post in the most fitting thread on there ever. better look fast it mostlikely wont last long.

http://www.crxresource.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=48123#48123

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
GSRCRXsi said:
i officially quit the resource.
Well, we're always glad to have you here. CRXFisher's primary interest in starting this site is to have a true community...not a regime. We're trying to focus on all the good aspects of our previous forum experiences. Everyone here will have a say. None of the site management/moderators will be held "above" the other members. We're all in this together.

·
Registered
566 Posts
stickershop said:
Well, we're always glad to have you here. CRXFisher's primary interest in starting this site is to have a true community...not a regime. We're trying to focus on all the good aspects of our previous forum experiences. Everyone here will have a say. None of the site management/moderators will be held "above" the other members. We're all in this together.
and thats the way it should be :thumbsup: wait a min, we need a thumbs up emoticon, possibility?

·
Registered
87 Posts
GSRCRXsi said:
i officially quit the resource. screw steve, he's got this big ego thing going on i dont know what his deal is. he has an infatuation with disabling my sig and avatars. i dont know if he's butt-hurt cause his site sucks or what.
Personaly I think burning bridges is a waste. The Community is my new home now, but I've stuck with the Resource through some pretty dramatic changes. I'm willing to bet the crap it's going through now won't last forever. I asked about all of the recent bans and I was convinced that these will likely be lifted when stuff chills out a bit.
Kwicko said:
I hesitate to call it "banning". I tend to refer to it as a "suspension" in 99.9% of the cases. So far as I know, there is only ONE person in all of CRXdom who is well and truly BANNED, and only two people who know the entire reason why. For the others, I have a feeling that when things have cooled down a bit, a peaceful solution will be found.
Honestly, I wonder if Kwicko is the only thing holding the Resource together sometimes. He's the only voice of reason (or at least the most vocal) between users and management. In the past two days he posted enough for a small novel trying to mend the rift between the two. As long as he's still around, the Resource will manage to keep it's head above water.

·
Registered
566 Posts
yea kwico seems like a cool guy. but its still steves site, and he will ocntinue to ruin it at his hearts content. i think the thing i hate most is that he wont take opinions from anyone else besides the moderators. like i said, screw him, im done with his "site"

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
GSRCRXsi said:
stickershop said:
and thats the way it should be :thumbsup: wait a min, we need a thumbs up emoticon, possibility?
A thumbs up emoticon has just been added. Click on the "view more Emoticons" button to the left when posting... :)b

21 - 40 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.