Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

There a possibility of me swapping my b18c1 into my car, but i need help for shift linkage, tranny and ecu/ I here lots of bad things about hydro tranny. Where can i ge ta cable tranny, ecu. I got mounts and engine just need the other two. help me out boys.

· Registered
154 Posts
DeGzReX said:
Hey guys,

There a possibility of me swapping my b18c1 into my car, but i need help for shift linkage, tranny and ecu/ I here lots of bad things about hydro tranny. Where can i ge ta cable tranny, ecu. I got mounts and engine just need the other two. help me out boys.
A YS1 tranny from a 90-91 teg should bolt up

· Registered
20,419 Posts
DeGzReX said:
Hey guys,

What have you heard bad about hydraulic transmissions?

You can use the GSR(b18c1) transmission or use 90-91 Integra transmission, which is cable.
For the ECU, you can use either a P72 or use a chipped P28. Is your motor OBD1 or OBD2?

Check the classifieds of just about ANY Honda forum or ebay for these items.

· Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys,

I've just heard that hydraulic is good but not for speed. Its preference i know but. ok so what your saying is a cable tranny for a TEG should bolt up and work with the B18C1?

Any write ups around?

BTw ITs being rebuilt with TRW internals. life time warantee on them at my local store :p

· Registered
20,419 Posts
DeGzReX said:
I've just heard that hydraulic is good but not for speed. Its preference i know but. ok so what your saying is a cable tranny for a TEG should bolt up and work with the B18C1?
90-01 Integras all have b series motors, therefore they should all bolt up to the GSR motor.
90-91 Integras have cable transmissions,92-01's have hydraulic.

· Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Perfect Thank you so very much. hehehe

Time to make the CRX FAST!!! :p B18C1 Cable Tranny ecu pm7 > TURBOED FORGED INTERNALS>!!!!! booya!

Will take pics

· Administrator
16,557 Posts
All 2nd gen Integras have cable transmissions, not just the 90-91s. A YS1 for example, is a 92-93 tranny. (There was no YS1 for 90-91)

Any B-series transmission will bolt up to any B-series engine, except for those pesky B20A/B21A Prelude parts. The problem with using a hydro tranny in a CRX is in the mount kits. They're apparently not designed properly, and the cable adapter components bind, resulting in extremely high pedal effort. At least that's how the Hasport kit is. With some modification, this can be corrected. I don't know exactly what's involved, but hopefully Matt Miner will lend his advice.

Once the clutch modulation difference is out of the way, the only difference in the hydro trannies vs. cable is the gearing. The axles you'll need are dependent on the intermediate shaft you have. There are plenty of choices for both long and short gearing whether you choose cable or hydro, and if you wanted you could put together a custom geared tranny using parts from others. (Just make sure you use all hydro parts for a hydro tranny, and all cable parts for a cable tranny) My point is, there's no substantiation to the claim that hydro trannies aren't good for speed. If you use a 94-01 GSR transmission, you'll have a tight geared setup good for acceleration, but not necessarily for highway cruising. An LS tranny would be the opposite.

BTW, a PM7 ECU is a poor choice to run a B18C1. Convert to OBD-1 and use a P72.

· Registered
20,419 Posts
jfrolang said:
All 2nd gen Integras have cable transmissions, not just the 90-91s. A YS1 for example, is a 92-93 tranny. (There was no YS1 for 90-91)
Doh, the Integra didn't go hydraulic until '94. For shorter gearing, how about the transmission from a 92-93 GSR?
Aren't those stamped YS1 and the S1's are 90-93 Integra RS/GS transmissions.
Although finding one might be the bigger issue since there are not a whole lot of 92-93 GSR's around.

Bottom line, use a 90-93 Integra transmission w/p72 ECU.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.