Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
20,454 Posts
DeGzReX said:
Hey guys,

There a possibility of me swapping my b18c1 into my car, but i need help for shift linkage, tranny and ecu/ I here lots of bad things about hydro tranny. Where can i ge ta cable tranny, ecu. I got mounts and engine just need the other two. help me out boys.
What have you heard bad about hydraulic transmissions?

You can use the GSR(b18c1) transmission or use 90-91 Integra transmission, which is cable.
For the ECU, you can use either a P72 or use a chipped P28. Is your motor OBD1 or OBD2?

Check the classifieds of just about ANY Honda forum or ebay for these items.

· Registered
20,454 Posts
DeGzReX said:
I've just heard that hydraulic is good but not for speed. Its preference i know but. ok so what your saying is a cable tranny for a TEG should bolt up and work with the B18C1?
90-01 Integras all have b series motors, therefore they should all bolt up to the GSR motor.
90-91 Integras have cable transmissions,92-01's have hydraulic.

· Registered
20,454 Posts
jfrolang said:
All 2nd gen Integras have cable transmissions, not just the 90-91s. A YS1 for example, is a 92-93 tranny. (There was no YS1 for 90-91)
Doh, the Integra didn't go hydraulic until '94. For shorter gearing, how about the transmission from a 92-93 GSR?
Aren't those stamped YS1 and the S1's are 90-93 Integra RS/GS transmissions.
Although finding one might be the bigger issue since there are not a whole lot of 92-93 GSR's around.

Bottom line, use a 90-93 Integra transmission w/p72 ECU.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.