Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
like I start my car, it idles at 2k rpms then when i go I cant go above 5k rpms on every gear....btw i drive a 89 crx Si..i was thinkn about messing with the idle screw?...please give my suggestions..

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
did someone throw an hf computer in it???? while your down there checking the computer see if there are any codes in it...... . . .having a code that puts the ecu into limp in mode will cause this.... is your fuel filter fresh, what about air filter plugs and wires.. . . . . . .check all the basic tune up items and then start from there....

Chris

·
Registered
912 Posts
welcome to the community, you should introduce yourself in the Lounge section.

as for yuor problem, it seems like a timing issue to me. Check to see if your timing marks line up.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I would think that timing would only make it run like crap, not stop it from reving.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Try some fuel inj cleaner. Is there any other signs that something else is wrong (oil light comes on or something)? You might want to try running some Seafoam though the engine. You could put it in you fuel as well and use it as the fuel inj cleaner. Did you check the timing? What have you done to try to fix the problem?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok fixed the idle for sure this time its down to 600 steady.

are you asking about the block code? or error code?
the block code is d15b6, no error codes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.