Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not trying to offend anyone here but here goes.

I am doing research for my speech class, and i am trying to do a policy change pursuasive speech for which my topic is cannabis. So what im trying to figure out is what the laws are like in different areas or what the general rules are for cannabis in the European nations. Any feedback is welcome and links to information would be great too. What i am essentially arguing is that cannabis related charges play a major role in the american prison overcrowding, and that other countries through their legislation changes have been able to mediate these issues.

So i want to thank anyone/everyone ahead of time for any help/information they give.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Fairly simple. In all of Europe, except Holland cannabis is an illegal substance, under any and all circumstances.

Over here in Holland, you can have up to 5 grams of cannabis on your person, or in your posession. Up to 30 grams would be equal to what in the US is considered a 'misdemeanor", over 30 grams would be a "felony".
Public use is illegal, but "tolerated" up to a point, which is up to officer's discretion.
Growing cannabis is illegal.
Selling cannabis is illegal, except for certain approved "coffee shops".

Driving under the influence is illegal, but hard to prove. They will usually revoke your driving privileges temporarily. Like 12 hours for instance.

Most drug paraphernalia is legal, but will be confiscated if a person were to be arrested or detained, unless the items pertain a health hazard. i.e. needles etc.

Medicinal cannabis is covered under insurance, if prescribed by a physician and available in doses at an apothecary or certain drug stores.
Medicinal cannabis is of -extremely- high quality, and grown in state approved facilities. All of the products of these facilities are exclusively available per prescription. Excess will be destroyed.

Watch the first bit of Pulp Fiction. It's fairly accurate.

I'm probably leaving out several details. But that's basically it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.