Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you take the actually fiberglass dash off. Ive got the glove box and other things off maybe take a look at my pics on cardomain and help me out. because i dont see any bolts and i yank at stuff that has bolts already off and it doesnt budge as if its still bolted down.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2410952

Ohh and if any1 really wants to come and actually give a hand pm me i might even be willing to pay for your gas to come to me. And pizza. Since no1 that i no, knows anything about crx's. Or complain about how hot its outside after 5 mins and leaves.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Alright, to get the dash out there are a bunch of bolts you need to remove. First is in the middle at the bottom of the console area its bolts to a bracket in the floor. Then in the middle on top where the dash meets the windshield there is a rectangular plastic cover that you need to pop off. There is a bolt under there. Then on each side you need to open the door and get at the side of the dash up at the front corner of the door where the glass ends. There is a plastic cover held on by one little plastic well nut. Pull that off and there are two bolts under there, on each side. I think that is it. There may be a bolt or two that bolt the dash to the inside of the kick panel area, next to the main relay on the driver's side, and to the right of where the glove box was on the passenger side.

You will need to drop the steering column too to get it out. There are four bolts total. Two up toward the top and two further back on a banded clamp.

Also, make sure to pull the instument cluster out ahead of time and be careful unhooking the wires and the speedo cable. There are two screws in the font corners that aim up so you will have to lay on your back and look up at them. Then there are two ****ty little ones hiding under plastic snap off covers up front near the windshield.

Hmmmm, i thnk that is all.
Good luck, let us know how it goes for you.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Umm ya i started taking the dash out and the driver's "well nut" was out already so i was like heck ya and i pulled the plastic cover off and took the 1 bolt out. and then i went to the passengers side and the well nut was there. So i started unscreweing it and its not going anywhere. And not to mention its almost completely stripped because its freakin plastic. Who the hell makes a plastic screw. :?:

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i got the dash all unbolted it looks like i have to drop the steering colum like u said. but i dont see any of the bolts you mention. so pics plz or more info.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Alright, i don't have a dig cam so you'll just have to use my slick instructions. OPen the driver's door and lay down on your back in the footwell area. THis way your head is right under the steering column and you can upp up and where it goes down from the steering wheel to the firewall. Behind the steering wheel is a plastic houseing covering the ignition switch where your key goes. behind that you should se the steering column and the mechanism that lets you adjust the height. That mechanism has 2, maybe 4 nuts holding it on. You have to look up in past the mechanism and to the sides. You will need a 12mm socket (possibly deep socket) with a 6 inch extension (just like yo mutha likes it). Unbolt it there. Then continue following the column down and there is a steel clamp with nuts on either side. Same 12mm socket will work for those two. Vioala! It should drop down on your face. So hold it up with on hand as you unbolt with the other.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
figured it all out 20 mins after i posted. but thx. you no the funny part theres more customs wires then there are in the plastic tubes(wiring harrnes? i guess?)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.