Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a call from Tim (black_krix_si) his tranny went out on him, blowing oil. He's in Hagerstowm Maryland right now trying to find a shop and a tranny. Hagerstown, MD is in the western tip of MD by WVA and just below PA. Is any one closer than me that can help him out? I'm about 2 hours away. I told him if he could find a tow dolly to rent near by I could tow him to my house for repairs. He thinks he might be able to find a tranny and a repair shop, but just wants to know if anyone might be near to help. His cell phone is 540-293-3097. I guess he won't be making it to N12. :cry:

·
Registered
734 Posts
Ouch, that sucks. Too bad he wasn't close to Niagara...would be great to see some pics of a campground group transmission-swap and beer party. If he was in my neck of the woods I would do whatever I could.

This is why it's a nice idea to be a AAA Auto Club member, if you're not already. I get free towing (I think up to about 60 miles) for my car or any car I'm riding in. It's free to get a locksmith to let you into your car, they'll bring you gas if you run out, etc. I've had my cars towed several times and even flatbedded by them (once when I bent up the suspension and the car was not at all straight, and once in an AWD Talon, which can't be towed by a normal tow truck since all 4 wheels are drive wheels). It always seems well worth the price when you need a tow to a faraway shop (or back to your own garage) or when you're locked out of your car with no cash to pay a locksmith.

Just something to think about -- if you find yourself in a jam like this, it really helps out.

Good luck to you guys getting this car back on the road ASAP...and if the car finds its way to a shop soon, maybe someone can give this dude a lift to N12 so he doesn't miss the meet.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I just talked to Tim and he said him and his wife got a hotel for the night and are going to rent a truck and dolly tomorow and drive home. Yep he hates missing the meet but then there's always Florida!

·
Registered
390 Posts
which hotel is he stayin at in hagerstown? i can be there in 10 minutes... although i dont have a shop or a spot to work on stuff, i have connections that may be able to help him. i also know hagerstown like the back of my hand so i can point him in the right direction.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dohcya said:
which hotel is he stayin at in hagerstown? i can be there in 10 minutes... although i dont have a shop or a spot to work on stuff, i have connections that may be able to help him. i also know hagerstown like the back of my hand so i can point him in the right direction.
I don't know what hotel but here's his cell phone number 540-293-3097.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.