Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From what little I've heard they are allowing people in mon,tue, and wed but they want everyone to leave again thurs. so that the elec people can do their job faster. one neighbor said they want all of us out but that just isn't practical. I've been here the whole time, why should I leave now.
I now have a generator, a window unit, some extra gas and plenty of food with more still coming. I don't need anything from the city, why should I leave and spend money that I don't really have to live somewhere else?
Anyone got good advice on the steps to get flooded cars back in order?
I've pulled the seats and carpet out of this one and sprayed carb cleaner in any connectors I've seen the green corrosion. It seems to be running ok so far with a little sutter some times.
Found out the ecu on the Y-40 got eaten also, (my P-28 that was in the black crx is now garbage too, along with my obd-1 adpt harness).

I think my brains been affected, I'm not really stressing out much over all this, but I'm having trouble keeping my thoughts straight and remembering stuff. :roll:

till next time.....

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Ugh...and I thought I had my work cut out for me with my restoration. If you need anything to help you out, let me know. I can keep an eye out for extra parts.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Ouch... thats pretty much all I could say while looking at that picture.

I'm glad to hear you're OK, thats the most important thing in this situation. Everything else is replacable; life is not.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
a couple more from the day after

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I can barely stand to even look at those pics. I started thinking about if those were my cars, and I was overwhelmed with emotion. Anger, despair, anxiety and sadness... I even shed a couple of tears for you, man...and I don't break down like that very easily.

I know your situation really sucks, and the CRX's are just one of many many of your concerns right now. We all desperately want to help you in any way that we can. You seem like a very humble and modest person, but please, let us help you out. Be it money, car parts, clothing, or gift cards for U-HAUL to get your ass out of there...whatever you need. That's what a community is all about.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Devin said:
How are the cats doin? Need anything for 'em yet?
Maybe just someone else to clean the litter box, lol
They're all fine, even the 6 strays I feed have all showed back up.
My cousin's fiance brought me 2 big bags of food & litter for them because he had asked me to go break into his house to make sure his cat was safe.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update: good news and bad
Good:
Sunday, (Oct. 16th) I have an appointment for the insurance adjuster to inspect the house.... FINALLY, after more than a month! 20+ phone calls and numerous adjusters quitting their jobs (and my claim) without even calling me.
I've been back to work since sept 16th at a different Papa John's (mine's still not open yet), and have made about the same money in tips and overtime during these 3 weeks that I usually make in a whole month.
We got mail service again too, pm me if ya need my addr.
I found a 19inch Daewoo computer monitor...and it works! (NO I didn't loot it!)
Bad:
One of my oldest cats, "Dizzy" died last week. he was about 15 years old, and had been fighting a respatory problem for years, the mold here probly didn't help any either.
I also found the remains of the missing kitten from the the litter I'd brought inside a few months ago, it was in my shed, I don't know what happened to it.
My x-gf and my (younger) daughter are moving to Kentucky in a few days (unless something goes wrong) so I'll deffinetly not be getting to see her as often as I'd like.
All this crap here has me contemplating moving away myself, but at the same time not wanting to leave my older daughter (who lives with my x-wife), IF the insurance makes it possible.
I've also had to plug like 6 nails in my tires since this mess. :roll:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Awww sorry to here about Dizzy and the kitten. And what do you mean by 'remains'? Like a rabid dog got it? Nice score with the moniter. How old are your daughters? I got major respect for you, I mean just sticking it out down there, and helping out neighborhood pets, I think youve out done yourself. BTW I met someone at the mall the other day who was from Mississippi. He was up here to get away from the hurricanes. Real nice guy. His name was Ricco :lol:

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
By "Remains" I ment skeleton and some fur, I'm guessing/hoping it had some defect or something. There were 4 kittens to begin with in may and I stopped seeing one of them. I think this is the last I saw of that one.

I had stuck the camera down under the house and snapped that one right in front of him,
and here are the other three shortly after getting them inside in july

Older daughter is 9 and the little one is 1.5.

BIG picture of the little one 6 months ago

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Cute kids Shorte.

i used to work at pj's too. for a 1yr full time then about 2yrs just friday and saturday closing shifts.. i funded my b16 swap from tips on the weekends. i made about 3k in tips and wages in 3 or 4 months working about 20hrs a weekend. Love that unreported tip money.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks.

I've been there for over 4 years now and between paycheck and tips I come out with more than most of our assistant mgr's make, and that's working like 10 hours a week less than them

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
we had alot of managers step down to delivery because they were working 60+hours a week and part time drivers were making more than them :lol: suckas

·
Registered
1 Posts
ah this is very sad to see and I just posted him a private msg about something because he seems to be the only one around who has delt with it.

Sad in deed to see your cars like that because even if there is insurance it would never cover it.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
CRXChicken said:
ah this is very sad to see and I just posted him a private msg about something because he seems to be the only one around who has delt with it.

Sad in deed to see your cars like that because even if there is insurance it would never cover it.
Please read dates, holy hell even on the pictures themselves said 2005.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ScottMog said:
JDMCrx91 said:
Is not against the rules to bring an old post, is it?
it should be
Yes. Old posts make baby Jesus cry. :|

What I don't understand us why this has me as the first post. My first post on this was a reply to someone asking how I was after the storm, but that seems to be gone now.
:?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts