Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story:

I notice after doing my jdm conversion, I notice there's alot of rio red (or red in general) CRXs with the conversion. The main purpose of doing my conversion is to be different, but it's kinda hard to be different when there's alot of other Rexs like your LOL. So I wanted a color change, but didnt want something to extreme or far from my rio red (due to having to paint the engine bay and door jams). So I decide to paint my car the color of my hood (refer to 1st pic). I also notice that some of the JDM models had color matched molding and silver trim on the bottom after getting my front bumper, fenders, and rear bumper (refer to pics)

After seeing this on ebay made me want to paint my car my hood's color with color matched molding and silver trim even more.

(sorry for all the pics)

Problem is I dont know the color code (or name) of that color or the silver at the bottom. If you know the name and/or code of that color and the silver LMK please!!!! Also, if you have a pic (or a link) of a rex painted that color can you please post it because I cannot find one!!! Thanks

Short Version
Need color code of those bumpers and fenders so I can paint my car that color thanks :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
I don't know about the codes, but the red looks like torino red and the silver bottom looks like vogue silver.

It may not be spot on, but it'll look very similar.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found out some more info on the color (and pics). It's off of a 1990/91 1.5x special edition. These two years were the only years they offered the silver trim. Enjoy the pics (next time you see a crx this color is will be mines LOL)

·
Registered
20,417 Posts
BigDare23 said:
I found out some more info on the color (and pics). It's off of a 1990/91 1.5x special edition.
Hmm, another rare/oddball Crx trim level, never even heard of it.
Looks to have the same seats you have and has a double DIN just like the Canadian SE's.

Red/Silver is a great color combo! :)b

·
Registered
7 Posts
wow, this is really interesting. when i got my jdm bumper, i thought some japanese ricer painted the bottom trim silver. haha. awesome to know it actually came that way, thanks for the info. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.