Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to install a Si rear Sway bar on my 91 DX I've ran into a few problems

1st: The rear lower control arm has no mounting hole so i started searching for a Si lower control arm, that can be solved.

2nd: the top mount for the sway bar; it has two holes. The two holes on my car and the swaybar matches, but the problem is that the holes on the car is too big and also it's not threaded. My friend suggested getting bigger bolts but that means the bolt will be bigger than the holes on the swaybars itself. Also friend suggested taking off the bumper and reaching on the other side and use a nut to secure the bolt. I'm not sure which is the best way. The nut sound more promising and more realiable than the bigger bolt idea.

Has anyone installed a swaybar on a DX? Or can help me? Thanks!!

Lower control arm no where to mount this:

Those holes are bigger than:

not threaded as well.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I've heard of this problem before. I know of someone that cut an access hole inside the car and then spot welded the nuts into the correct locations, and then welded the panel back in place. I think that was the only way he could get access to the back of those holes. I haven't encountered this problem myself, so feel free to check it out thoroughly before attempting that.

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
tried and true solutions:

get si LCA's, problem 1 resolved, as you know

weld the braclket sot the car. easier and probably better then dealing with the whole bolt thing. you use the holeds ot line them up right, then ust weld around th ebracket, done.

[email protected]

·
Registered
965 Posts
The only way to get the Si brackets onto a DX/HF is to weld something.

You can either

1.) make some plates with nuts lined up for those holes and weld the plates in,

or

2.)replicate the Suspension techniques style brackets that use the tow-hook holes.

Personally, I'd say #2 will be easier. Its an L-shaped bracket with some holes in it and a reinforcing arm welded on. You take off the tow hooks, and install it in between the tow hooks and the chassis.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.