Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of April 14th 2006 i became the proud owner of another Special Edition...

Here are the pics...

And here is something i wanted to ask someone who knew.

I noticed quite a large gap between the back bumper and the taillights (atleast 1 - 1.5 cm)
The car has a hitch on it. Can someone please tell me if this is a serious issue or not (please tell me my frame isn't bent?!?!?!)

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
nice ride.... your place is starting to look like sticker's place with the se line up going on there..... .

your back bumper is prob. bent... or the small metal support that is on top of the back bumper is prob rusting out causing the back bumper to sag... i would pull the rear bumper cover off and then you should be able to see what the problem is.. .. . check for that rusted out top support and then try adjusting the bumper up at the mounting holes.... might have to slot the bumper holes to line it all up if something is bent. . .

good luck with your new project. . . . .what exactly are your plans for it...

Chris

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SETI: Oh yea, on the one i'm currently driving i will need to replace most of the paneling... But thats a later project ;).
The one i picked up isn't as bad, and for the price i paid. It was a steal...
Big project ahead of me, that i can't wait to dive into :D

Toxi: Thanks dude, yea its good to join the Multi SE club :p
Also good to know that my problem with the back bumper will be fixable. We're moving soon so i won't be able to start working on the car for atleast a month... but when i do i plan to strip the car BARE inside out and engine bay, and clean up every bit of rust on it. Then i plan to prime the whole thing in por-15, just to ensure no more of that nasty rust will come back, again inside out and engine bay (underbody especially). After that i plan to start sound deadening the car, before i rebuild it. I want to use EDEAD V1SE inside and V3 inside and out (underbody again), and also find something for the engine bay thats sound deadening and thermal resistant. After all this is done, then i will start to rebuild the car...

and when i get to that point i'll tell you guys the rest :wink:

Synoptic: Ahead of you, already done...

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
rust! but if you're up to restoring it, more power to ya! the bumper cover sag is most certainly due to corrosion on the top support of the bumper. I had to recondition my rear bumper, the top slotted area was corroded, even though there was almost no rust anywhere else nearby. The metal is very thin there.

good luck on your new SE!

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
well its nice that you paid so little for these cars, BUT
they are money pits man.
Unless you have a large amount of money to restore both of them,
I wouldnt touch them , but that just me.

Good luck anyways.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.