Honda CRX Forum banner

Here we go...Student found with guns

5K views 34 replies 17 participants last post by  signalpuke 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Hackenburg has a New Jersey firearms permit. However, the assault rifles are illegal in New York and illegal to possess on campus.

"I can't tell you anything about intent or what his mindset was or anything like that all. All I know is he possessed assault weapons in New York state that violate the law and he also possessed them on a campus,"
Can you really blame them? Gun hobbyist or not, he's a dumbass for breaking the law especially with what has transpired. Not saying he was going to do something or even knew he was breaking the law, but what would that hotel employee (or anyone else that saw the guns) feel like if something did happen? Nowadays, I wouldn't take the chance either.

#6 ·
Its me DUB said:
Can you really blame them? Gun hobbyist or not, he's a dumbass for breaking the law especially with what has transpired. Not saying he was going to do something or even knew he was breaking the law, but what would that hotel employee (or anyone else that saw the guns) feel like if something did happen? Nowadays, I wouldn't take the chance either.
I am not arguing the legality of it all, or his lack of judgement, just the fact that a story happens( VA. Tech) and the media jumps all over EVERYTHING having to do with it.

We are the herded, controlled by mass media. I understand that what happend is absolutly horrible, but we tend to lose focus on everything else in the world and focus and exploit one event.

#9 ·
the guy made a dumb mistake and now it's going to cost him big tme. Something similar happened at my highschool this fall. A kid from my class accidently left his muzzleloader in his truck one day and drove to school the next morning forgetting that he had it in his truck. (it was muzzleloading season for deer in Ohio at the time) And that day we had a lock down which is when the police comes and checks everyones cars for drugs and such, so they found his rifles. Now the honer roll student who played varsity football and wrestling is expelled. Because of this his chances at a good college are seriously hurtin'. Dumb mistakes can really screw you over when people wanna make an example out of you.

#10 ·
baker423 said:
I am not arguing the legality of it all, or his lack of judgement, just the fact that a story happens( VA. Tech) and the media jumps all over EVERYTHING having to do with it.

We are the herded, controlled by mass media. I understand that what happend is absolutly horrible, but we tend to lose focus on everything else in the world and focus and exploit one event.
Amen. On the bright side, at least stories like this will replace the next breaking news on what exactly went wrong with Ana Nicole Smith :rolleyes1:

#13 ·
JKG08 said:
the guy made a dumb mistake and now it's going to cost him big tme. Something similar happened at my highschool this fall. A kid from my class accidently left his muzzleloader in his truck one day and drove to school the next morning forgetting that he had it in his truck. (it was muzzleloading season for deer in Ohio at the time) And that day we had a lock down which is when the police comes and checks everyones cars for drugs and such, so they found his rifles. Now the honer roll student who played varsity football and wrestling is expelled. Because of this his chances at a good college are seriously hurtin'. Dumb mistakes can really screw you over when people wanna make an example out of you.
How can they check your cars? Don't they need a warrant for that?

#14 ·
HackAbuse said:
probbaly not, im sure they concsent to it when they get a parking pass to the school or something. my school had a simlair thing, if you got a parking pass you consented to the search, sort of like how they can search your locker.

-M@

#15 ·
mattminerDOTcom said:
HackAbuse said:
probbaly not, im sure they concsent to it when they get a parking pass to the school or something. my school had a simlair thing, if you got a parking pass you consented to the search, sort of like how they can search your locker.

-M@
How would they get in the car though?

#16 ·
HackAbuse said:
mattminerDOTcom said:
HackAbuse said:

-M@
How would they get in the car though?
The owner/driver of the vehicle must open it.
When it comes to school grounds, in the eyes of the law, privacy is not expected. Your vehicle is parked on school grounds, once you set foot on the property, you open yourself up pretty much.
It really is the same as entering a State or Federal building.

#18 ·
baker423 said:
I Couldn't agree more. They pull EVERYTHING out of context, downplay the important parts to make the news fit their agenda.

-Chris

#19 ·
yup no warrent needed........althought they usually use dogs to detect drugs, it's not about weapons so much. He just had his gun case sitting on his seat and the K9 officer noticed it while the dog was sniffing around. so he had a cop go get the student so they could check the case and sure enough, there was a gun in it so he got arrested on the spot. Charges and all were dropped but he was expelled and now has to repeat his senior year.

#20 ·
Its me DUB said:
Hackenburg has a New Jersey firearms permit. However, the assault rifles are illegal in New York and illegal to possess on campus.

"I can't tell you anything about intent or what his mindset was or anything like that all. All I know is he possessed assault weapons in New York state that violate the law and he also possessed them on a campus,"
I thought it was quite clear to not bring weapons of any sort on campus. I needed a gun for a film shoot prop... I could have lost housing rights just for that.

Also, I think being caught with illegal fire arms is considered probably cause to search what ever authorities feel is needed.

#21 ·
MarkWilliamson said:
CRXBart said:
Assault Rifles are cool.

Indeed! :D

Marks M4 ftw, you need a 30 shot clip and laser sighting though...I dont mind the dragonov AK47 either, but owning an M4 myself, I just prefer its accuracy compared to all the AK47s Ive shot in the past..

#23 ·
red89si said:
Marks M4 ftw, you need a 30 shot clip and laser sighting though...I dont mind the dragonov AK47 either, but owning an M4 myself, I just prefer its accuracy compared to all the AK47s Ive shot in the past..
My friend has an AR-15, and it is horrible jams up all the time. I never have to worry about that with the AK. It is actually my 3rd line of defense. I hope it never gets that far. This is my first line. Mind you most confrontations will be close range. Besides in a bad situation, I don't want it to have to be about accuracy. Just overwhelm the opposition with firepower.

The next line of defense is my scatter gun. An old trusty 10 shot 870, with pistol grips.

#24 ·
thats one good thing about AK47s, Ive never seen one jam.. And the M16s, AR15s and M4s have had problems with that, my experience with the jamming problem ended the moment I got the HK 30 shot LEO clip though, only problem it has now is if you touch the barrel right after putting 30 rounds through it..

#25 ·
M4/16's are like women, they need to be protected, cleaned, and intimatly oiled to fully enjoy them :lol:
No rock'n'roll Mark? I thought all of 'em came with 3-round burst? Not much need for any more than that.
All jokes aside, for you guys with 30 round mags: I have found that the best way to keep them feeding correctly is to not fill them to capacity, I don't ever put more than 26 in mine. Also, if you load them and leave them the springs will lose their memory. I disassemble my mags every couple weeks and stretch the springs a bit, and clean the insides of the case so the button doesn't get caught as it feeds.
AK's are alright, I had one for a while last deployment. I liked it because it was so light. Had a lil swing stock that folded at the pistol grip, it cut the length in half. Other than that I really didn't feel it was any better than an M4. The peace of mind the M gives outweighs the "neatness" of the AK in my opinion.

#26 ·
signalpuke said:
All jokes aside, for you guys with 30 round mags: I have found that the best way to keep them feeding correctly is to not fill them to capacity, I don't ever put more than 26 in mine. Also, if you load them and leave them the springs will lose their memory.
Yeah, I heard about that trick a while ago. Makes sense.

So do you fully stack them when "in use" and unload again when you're done?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.