Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 95 civic idk if it's dx ex si or what ever it don't say but it's coupe and manual has d15b2 in it and p28 ecu idk if that's the problem but has running issues like sometime in 1st and 2nd when I'm taking off it like looses power and runs like crap till I hit high rpms then it quits and in the morning when I start it I have to keep my foot on pedal at like 1000-1500 rpm till it warms up or it will die and not start for hours. Please help me

Attachments

· Registered
a CRX
2,616 Posts
It could literally be anything, you need to start with the basics, like checking grounds and connections. Could even be the tune that's on the car. You also need to learn more info about the car because that will affect which wiring diagrams you'll need.

Also, this is a CRX forum, you may have better luck on HT.

· Registered
1,853 Posts
Find out if the car ran fine after the modifications. That would help a lot.

If the project was never finished, then you need to double check everything that was done, even if the ecu was chipped, or with a good map in it.

Running rough at lower rpms could be a lot of things. ECT,TPS, FITV, vacuum leaks, FPR, fuel system problems....

Btw sounds like its flooded. Check the ECT.

But again, without vital information we are just guessing.

· Registered
20,448 Posts
I just bought a 95 civic idk if it's dx ex si or what ever it don't say but it's coupe and manual has d15b2 in it and p28 ecu
Based on the fact that it has a power glass sunroof, it's an EX model.
In stock form, it should have a d16z6, which is a SOHC Vtec motor.
I see it has the Vtec valve cover, so it has to have a vtec head, so do you think it's a d15b2 block?

You also may have better luck on a forum that deals with 5th gen Civics.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought it off Craigslist in another kansas and drove back to missouri it runs on on highways it just doesn't have the power it should. Like when I'm cruising like 60 and give it anymore than half throttle in starts slowing down but it I just cruise its ok and sometime it idles up and down when in neutral at stop lights.

· Registered
20,448 Posts
I bought it off Craigslist in another kansas and drove back to missouri it runs on on highways it just doesn't have the power it should. Like when I'm cruising like 60 and give it anymore than half throttle in starts slowing down but it I just cruise its ok and sometime it idles up and down when in neutral at stop lights.

You still need to troubleshoot and try everything that has been mentioned above.
The issue is that someone has swapped out the original motor, used the older d15b2 block and mated a vtec head to it.
Who knows how complete or how well the swap was done.

· Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 95 civic idk if it's dx ex si or what ever it don't say but it's coupe and manual has d15b2 in it and p28 ecu idk if that's the problem but has running issues like sometime in 1st and 2nd when I'm taking off it like looses power and runs like crap till I hit high rpms then it quits and in the morning when I start it I have to keep my foot on pedal at like 1000-1500 rpm till it warms up or it will die and not start for hours. Please help me
This is happening to mine as well. I have a 1988 crx si, its been running great until now. I can be driving down the road and suddenly you hear....woooooo.....and it dies while on the road. Or, if I let it warm up in the winter in the driveway I have to keep checking that its still running and didnt stop on its own. wish I could help

· Registered
20,448 Posts
This is happening to mine as well. I have a 1988 crx si, its been running great until now. I can be driving down the road and suddenly you hear....woooooo.....and it dies while on the road. Or, if I let it warm up in the winter in the driveway I have to keep checking that its still running and didnt stop on its own. wish I could help
That was a helpful, what was the point of all of that rambling?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts