Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well kind of...

Pic of it at N7. Even though he hasn't been to an N meet his car has... HINT HINT!!!

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Thanks for the rather *gentle* nudge. LOL. That pic is from when the vinyl on the car actually looked good. Once the vinyl started to look like crap, it inspired me to redo the graphics so they would be vibrant and new again. Well, in the process of removing the vinyl, a *LARGE* portion of the paint came off with the vinyl revealing vogue silver paint underneath. The previous owner did a really thorough job of covering up any trace of silver paint on the car, so up until this point, I had no idea that it was previously a different colour. The white paint was of such low quality that there was no way I could remove the graphics without removing bits of paint here and there. So, it obviously needed a repaint. In order to repaint it properly, I decided that I would need to strip all the crappy white paint off the car. Around that time, I had also decided to sell the problematic D16Z6 engine I had in the car. So, with the engine out, I started my work in the engine bay. Eventually, as more clues became apparent, I realized that I had a special edition CRX that was all dressed up in the wrong clothing. I have since decided that I should restore the car to stock condition. It would be sacriligious to *knowingly* deface a CRX Special Edition. There's a lot more to the story, but I'll get into that another time. :)

My CRX SE is *not* on the road right now, but I'm hoping to get it going by the end of the summer.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Wow stickershop, I don't think I've ever heared the story of your Special Edition. Glad to see that you're saving it :)

Some people just don't know what they have. Including the guy I bought mine from :)

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
cloors said:
Wow stickershop, I don't think I've ever heared the story of your Special Edition. Glad to see that you're saving it :)
Oh it's definitely a good story. :) There's a whole lot more to it as well... Let's just say that I'm really lucky to still have the car.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
SETI20 said:
I was thinking WHOOOAAA Don is alive again! :(
Whoa...posts returning from the dead! I'm still working on my cars bit by bit...but right now, I'm breaking in the 2004 Honda Element EX that I picked up last Saturday. *grinz*

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
downest said:
STICK!!! You ARE alive!!!
Yes, very much alive...and full of goo!

Baker said:
What were some of the other clues that tipped you off?
Oh dear. This post is 4 years old...now you're testing my memory. Basically the vogue silver paint when I removed the trim pieces. Spoiler holes in the hatch that were filled with body filler.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
This forum needs more stick. I miss ye old days.

Now its nothing but :blah:

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Sometimes change is harder to accept for some. IMHO this forum has changed rapidly since its creation. That being a good or bad thing is up to everyone to decide on their own.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
SETI20 said:
Didn't the VIN fall off at one point?
The fake VIN under the hood did when I was restoring the firewall. :shock: On closer inspection, i found that the dash one was a fake too that was glued over the original. That started a whole storm of problems with my vehicle registration. Long story short, I reported it and the insurance company that paid out the original stolen vehicle claim transferred the registration to me for the correct VIN for 1 cent. Not sure if they caught the person who was responsible. I'm pretty sure the paper trail would've made it pretty easy for them though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts