Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok everything is done, but it won't start, it jsut cranks over

there is no spark, everything is connected except there are 2 wires on the drivers side a darker yellow and a light tan color that didn't go anywhere when i switched the plug out

i need this car running tomorow so please if any knows anything help me

·
Registered
731 Posts
valve cover ground, tranny ground, and thermostat ground tight?

all fuses good?

was the si a known good engine?

have you confirmed valve timing?

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
engine is a confirmed good motor, but how do i check the valve timing, i put the engine tdc by eye, and the camshaft by the marks on the cam, dizzy is a given to tput in time..........

i am totally confused why there ins't any spark could it be something to do with the 2 wires that didn't have any place to go when i rewired the plug?

·
Registered
317 Posts
what harness did you use?

and more specifically, where are the 2 wires? where on the drivers side? what plugs are they between on the harness?

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the harness with the motor came out of an 88 si, pluging into a 91 hf

the 2 wires are on the plug near the window ont he drivers side

·
Registered
317 Posts
shadowcrx said:
taken from http://www.crxohio.org/showarticle.php?id=9

Use the HF WIRING HARNESS I LEARNED THE HARD WAY!
DO NOT USE THE SI WIRING HARNESS!

is this tru? if so is that why my car isn't starting?
you're quoting my article dude...
i did the same thing and it didn't start, and it won't until you put your HF harness on that motor... sorry you had to learn the hard way too!

-Henry

·
Registered
317 Posts
most defenitely, absolutely 100%
i bet you are also getting a code 15 after cranking for awhile.
The distributor wiring is routed to a totally different place on the Si harness vs the HF harness, and you will never get spark.
Just fish your old harness onto the Si motor with it in the car and i bet it will fire right up!! :)

-Henry

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok getting spark, still won't fire........... now what?

2 plugs underneath the dizzy on the hf harness that i can find wher it goes a 3 prong flat one and a circle one with one flat connector

·
Registered
317 Posts
the 3 prong one sounds like the ecu temp sensor, which is on the head under the dizzy, the other one sounds like the O2 sensor...

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
anyone got a picture of the flat 3 prong plug? i can't find where it goes, there are 2 plugs underneath the dizzy, one is a single snap to gether, and the other is a dual clip to gether

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Under the dizzy you should have the single prong, dual prong (coolant temp sensor) and then the two bullets for the tranny reverse light switch. The only 3 prong plug I can think of offhand is the TPS.

·
Registered
317 Posts
yeah, i also am pretty sure MAP is a 3 prong, but it's on the firewall.. unless you have a 92-95 TB where it's sitting on the top of the TB.

-H

·
Registered
317 Posts
dude, you're going to have to get us some pics or something...
that would be the easiest way.
I'm sure i could tell you anything in the harness with a proper picture.
-H

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ok i will go take some pics im a little bit

i am going to devote my whole saturday to getting this running so please help me after i get the pics up

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.