Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

It's an old pic, but the recent upgrades are an OBD1 conversion, Neptune software, test pipe, Walbro fuel pump, 3 bar map sensor. It was tuned by Jeff Evans; www.evans-tuning.com. It made 250hp @ 6300 and 225tq @ 4350 with 15 psi. The tune was very conservative with the timing.

The only real issue I have found with the setup is keeping things cool. I need to rethink the FMIC and find something smaller that's bar and plate. Also I plan on running distilled water and water wetter as suggested by Jeff. It seemed to get a 215 degree heatsoak.

The data logging with Neptune is going to be great!

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
dammit, when can i get neptune?

did you get to play with it at all....they are so secretive about it...

right now im running on CromePRO/Ostrich RPT/Hondalog/Innovate LC1

Jeffs a good tuner from what i hear, look slike i hear right

[email protected]

·
Registered
274 Posts
mattminerDOTcom said:
dammit, when can i get neptune?

did you get to play with it at all....they are so secretive about it...

right now im running on CromePRO/Ostrich RPT/Hondalog/Innovate LC1

Jeffs a good tuner from what i hear, look slike i hear right

[email protected]
Neptune is only available to Tuner Shops, and even that, not all tun shops can have it.

I'm the only one in Canada to be an authorized Neptune Tuner, there are a couple in the USA too. Jeff is one of them, very nice person too :)

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
so when can i have it.....im not a fan of paying someone else to something i can do myself.

is it like final hardware now? is everything working? say I sucked it up and went to a 'tuner shop', once I have ti can I tune it myself? Is there anyway to see the osftware ahead of time?

[email protected]

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
djhankb said:
BTW, what's up with the Blue timing belt?
Hey Henry what's happening! The timimg belt is a Power Enterpises it says "super strong" right on it!

As far as Neptune, I am perfectly happy letting someone with lot's of experience tune it. I am looking forwards to datalogging though. I am going to try some things to get the temps stabilized. My rad is just not getting the air it needs while driving with a 3" FMIC AC radiator and rad stacked up. It was stable at 180F on the dyno. Temps went up as we were road tuning at part throttle, not even boosting much. EGT's were fine. 850F or so. It's the lack of airflow I'm convinced.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
unrelated, but....azulito, is that sidekick comment in your sig from the online story about the phone stolen from a taxi ?? that shizz was hilarious.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
azulito said:
Yes it is. I fell in love with the vernacular. :eek:
that story was all about high stupidity levels and the idiots that weren't afraid to show 'em off. plus second grade english skills. :p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.