Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installing a hidden fuel cutoff switch to help keep your entire car from disappearing:

Ghetto immobilizer?

OR

Simple, effective, so ... why not?

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
It's a Ghetto Immobilizer... cheap and effective and stopping/slowing the Ghetto thief, which is probably 95% of the thieves that you will ever encounter.

These days "professional" thieves aren't going to jack your car...they'll back up to the driveway and yank it onto a flat bed and drive away with it in one piece. They don't wanna mess around deactivating your anti-theft devices in your driveway and risk getting caught. They'll dismantle your car at a safer location.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
stickershop said:
It's a Ghetto Immobilizer... cheap and effective and stopping/slowing the Ghetto thief, which is probably 95% of the thieves that you will ever encounter.

These days "professional" thieves aren't going to jack your car...they'll back up to the driveway and yank it onto a flat bed and drive away with it in one piece. They don't wanna mess around deactivating your anti-theft devices in your driveway and risk getting caught. They'll dismantle your car at a safer location.
Yeah, if someone wants your car bad enough they will get it. An old issue of honda tuning said somthing about a guy that worked for the mag, or was just helping them out. anyway he had a integra type r. mad alarm systems, fuel cutoff and he even took the ecu out since it would be out of sight for a few hours. came back and it was gone, never to be seen again.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Make sure you solder the connections! I did this mod way back in the day before I knew better and I just used crimp connections. One day, the fuel pump kicked out while I was driving because the connections came loose.

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
It may seem ghetto,but any theft deterrent is better than nothing.
I wired up a crank signal interrupt switch and hid the switch somewhere.
It works great when I use it...thats when I dont forget.hehe

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I installed a $600 remote-paging alarm in my girlfriend's special edition... and I'll be damned if I don't have to twist her arm to get her to use it all the time! Grrr! Lesson learned here...anti-theft devices are only effective if you *use* them.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I got a little input for this one... check this out guys!
Secondary key-ignition kill security option:
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1240786

i haven't yet done this, but will eventually have something setup (i'd like to have a start button for my car, so i plan to use this along with a start button, but we'll see)

thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts