Honda CRX Forum banner

hmm......what to do, oh what to do

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  rex2nr 
#1 ·
well as some of u may know I've been looking for a fairly clean rex to buy lately but i havent been having such great luck. and my budget doesnt allow me to be too picky......and my dad made me an offer that just wouldnt be smart to pass up but idk......he said he'd sell me his 1991 prelude Si for much less than whats its worth.....but he doesnt want me having two cars so it would mean I'd have to get rid of the crx. the prelude is faster, newer, nicer, less problems, less miles......so in all it looks like a great deal but that damn crx has got me all screwed up. I love the crx......i mean for one its a stick and the prelude is an auto which annoys the crap out of me. plus i like having a little two seater, I know the prelude is faster and handles better but i dont think it brakes as good and i know it doesnt get as good of gas milage. so in all the prelude is a nicer car and the better of the two over all.........so then why the hell is it so hard for me to put my rex up for sale?.......well i know this comment was some what pointless but i'm really unsure about trading up or keeping the crx.

#2 ·
All in all the prelude will end up being slower. As with many crx owners im sure once the small problems get ironed out you'll end up working on performance. We all have had our share of opinions but to say the prelude handles better is somewhat of...well...a lie! I don't know your setup right now but im pretty sure I could beat a prelude in a straight line and on a curve.

If you feel you should take the prelude because of your situation then go for it, but you definitly should see the potential in the crx. Very easy to work on, lots of help from the community, and overall just a nice car. Also like I said before once all the small problems are ironed out youll work on performance, but by the time that comes around you'll have worked on your car so much (maybe you already have) that you know it inside and out. To goto a whole different setup can be a huge change.

Im kind of scatter brained right now, i just woke up - i hope I got my point across.

#3 ·
trust me....if my rex was in better shape i'd see ur point.......but mine is a slow first gen with quite a bit of rust and the motors has soo many mile.......it would pretty much need to be rebuilt in the near future to be worth working on performance......so like i said.......if I had a second gen I probably would keep the rex cuz i like crx's better........but comparing MY crx to my dad prelude.......its pretty obviouse that his car is faster and handles better......

#4 ·
I can see where youre coming from now. What I say you do is "sell" the crx to a friend...a very close friend. Buy the prelude, sell it for profit, get your crx back, and send it into the shop for a nice tune-up.

#5 ·
Honestly, for a daily driver, I'd say buy the prelude and use it. Don't modify it in any way. Drive it till it don't drive no more (but do take care of it, it will last longer) and save up for a rust free 2nd gen CRX. I wouldn't pass up a good cheap car over a rusty old car. I'm sorry, my love for CRXs aren't that strong to pass up a good offer.

#6 ·
I remember I was in the market for a crx but my dads co-worker had also put a deal down couldn't pass up on a 92 Maxima SE 5spd. Leather interior, amazing condtion, spoiler!, electric everything, v6, 4 seater, and fast. I had that car for a couple months then the battery died. After not driving it for a month I got a new battery and drove to hear the engine purr. I got a green light, went slow, and a huge chevy truck ran the light hitting/totalled my car.

My next car after that was a 91 crx si. :)

lol Don't get in a wreck, but just come back ok? Crx's know when theyve been given up and act in weird ways to get you to come back!

#7 ·
I'm thinking I'll probably just take the prelude for a year or so while i save up and keep looking for a secong gen Si rex........but man I'll hate to get rid of my crx.......probably just sell it to a friend or something so i can drive it whenever i want haha......i dont think i'd be so sad to see it go if the prelude was a 5speed......but its and automatic :cry:

#9 ·
im 17.....and i think its more of a "we have to many cars" issue......actually we have too manythings with motors.......we have 6 cars, a ski boat, and a 4wheeler.....actually two 4wheelers but i just blew the motor in one and hasnt been taken to a junk yard yet.......and he's thinking about buying a snowmobile and a new car for himself as well......so we go through gas and oil a lot around my house haha......needless to say i love anything that goes fast........

#11 ·
SETI20 said:
Sell the crx. DO NOT SPEND THE MONEY.
Roll with the prelude, until you see a good deal on a crx, and snag it up.
You get to save up in the meantime, and sell the lude at a profit.

I'm all for driving a crx. But I'm also a businessman and a pragmatic.
I think he has to buy the lude with the money from selling the crx.

#12 ·
JKG08 said:
im 17.....and i think its more of a "we have to many cars" issue......actually we have too manythings with motors.......we have 6 cars, a ski boat, and a 4wheeler.....actually two 4wheelers but i just blew the motor in one and hasnt been taken to a junk yard yet.......and he's thinking about buying a snowmobile and a new car for himself as well......so we go through gas and oil a lot around my house haha......needless to say i love anything that goes fast........
That kills my idea... Take the Prelude and slowly fix the CRX since you won't be depending on it, you can tear it down and fix everything properly at a pace that won't kill your bank account.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.