Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was posted a little while ago, but searching is coming up blank.

Someone posted about buying the Honda/Acura Driver/Owner Guide. I looked for it on Amazon, and I found there were several used copies in the $.32 range, so I ordered it. Wow, a book on Hondas that's cheaper than a postage stamp; how could one of us not order it?

The book is by G. William Krause, and covers Honda from 1962-1990. It covers the S- and N- series cars, Civic, CRX, Accord, Prelude, Legend, Sterling, and Integra. There is also a chapter on "Fast Driving," and Aftermarket support.

I haven't really started to read the book yet (seeing as my mailman came less than an hour ago) but the book looks filled with interesting info, including that of the CVCC engine technology, and Prelude four wheel steering system. The book is also loaded with pictures, unfortunately all are black and white.

Order Here! Again, for 32 cents, you can't go wrong!

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I posted it in thread about a book of various magazine reviews of the first gen CRX.Here I recommended everybody pick this book up. It's a fun read. There's Honda history, high performance driving tips, and a section on upgrades (of course like you pointed out it was written in 1990 so aftermarket support was just getting started). I've had my copy since it first came out.

The funny part is the author seperates into three generations. No, not '84-'87, '88-'91, and the Del Slo but '84-'85, '85-'87, and '88+. He considered the '87 Si he owned to be a "second generation" . He blew that but the book's a still good read.

I'm currently reading one of the first english translations of the "The Honda Myth". When I'm done I'll post a review.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ahh, thanks... that was the thread I was thinking off.

Seems like it should be a decent read, but I did notice the three generations thing... weird.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Ti Rider said:
The funny part is the author seperates into three generations. No, not '84-'87, '88-'91, and the Del Slo but '84-'85, '85-'87, and '88+. He considered the '87 Si he owned to be a "second generation" . He blew that but the book's a still good read.
Actually, at the time of writing he was technically correct. The 84-85 CRX is slightly different from the 86-87 CRX. There was some minor cosmetic stuff that got changed in 86, but the greatest difference was in the type of electrical connectors Honda used. Essentially, anything from Honda made from 1986-on used the same type of connectors, before that you needed completely different electrical stuff.

Scott

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.