Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have a Honda dealership near you that you trust, you may want to take advantage of Honda Car Care Days this month.
Honda Car Care Days, April 1 - April 30, 2006.
Get a jumpstart on safety! Come see your Honda dealer during Honda Car Care Days and get a 40-point vehicle inspection, at no charge. We'll even give you a free mini first-aid kit* to keep in your glove box. Your vehicle inspection by Honda-trained technicians will include a thorough examination of your vehicle's engine, brakes, drivetrain, suspension and steering components, as well as a detailed report of your Honda's condition.
Expect a heavy sales pitch and it does not look like it is available outside the U.S.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
hmmm, I should tow my rex over to the local dealer... see what they have to say about it.

"that passenger door, or... lack thereof, is gonna be a major issue"
"I can't pass this thing... your rear lights, well, none of them work, infact, they aren't even there!"

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
interesting, i'm going to check out my local honda dealers (two), maybe they'll try and sell me a civic si or something in their sales pitch...

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the idea of going to more than one dealership to see what each comes up with... except we are talking about probably an hour of waiting at each. Might be worth it.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
i dread the local dealership. i need to get my seatbelts fixed too, I dread the day I actually take it to them.

There is a dealership I do like, 45 miles away...but they always have a good selection of parts in stock.

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
There's a guy at one of the local dealers that loves my CRX. He said something like "that's a real clean CRX" and I just about died laughing. Although I think it is a bit unsafe, I can't think of any specific thing they would find fault with, maybe the belts... what's involved in the 40 point check, anyone know?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Figures that neither of the Honda dealers near me is participating. Of course, I really didn't expect the pr_cks at Martin Honda of Newark (DE) to do so, but I figured Colonial in Perryville, MD would, as they are a small-city (and friendlier) dealership.

Hah- Jeff Wyler in Florence, KY is participating. That's where I bought my '88 DX in Feb. of '88 (when it was Simon & Fischer Honda). One of their salesmen told me years later that Honda made one mistake with the 2nd gen CRX- they built it too well. I used to make their jaws drop every time I was back in town and would stop by to shoot the breeze and show them the current mileage reading. It was the first '88 that they were asked to put a new clutch into. Sold the car 12-1/2 years later w/ 371,000 miles (original engine, too). Have 189K on a '91 Si and 163K on a '91 DX (currently).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.