Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody ever seen or know how to add a factory Honda/Acura GPS/Navigation system from the newer Accord/Civic/TL into a CRX? I have done NO research on it and have NO clue what could possibly be required, or if it's even possible. But I think it would be great to have. Anybody have any idea?

·
Registered
711 Posts
To be honest man, i had never looked into such a mod, though i could see it being useful, why not spend the $ on building a computer into the car and intergrating GPS?!

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
coldtotouch said:
To be honest man, i had never looked into such a mod, though i could see it being useful, why not spend the $ on building a computer into the car and intergrating GPS?!
You'd still have to find a decent touchscreen LCD screen that was bright enough to read in the outside light. I like the idea, but I was just wondering if anybody knows the details of what is required for the OEM one.

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
I have a friend who just put a 14" touchscreen in his Audi, and is running it (with GPS!) off a Mac Mini. I would imagine the OEM system would be easier, you would just transplant the whole thing into your car.

But Tom... REAL MEN don't need directions!

·
Registered
114 Posts
its definatly possibly. me and my buddy installed a eclipse 7" navigation unit in his 80 something mitsubishi mighty max. we even hardwired it in so we can watch dvds as we drive :)

·
Registered
779 Posts
I know someone who put in a laptop in the back of his crx, and used a 7" touch screen to run windows. He uses a little pointer from a palm pilot to use it. 80gb of music is awesome for road trips.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.