Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a lock that I can put on my hood? I have a CF hood with hood pins(yet another mod the previous owner did) and I noticed that the pins were unlatched this morning when I got to my car. I really don't feel like people being able to open my hood whenever they want. Is there a lock that I can buy, or should I just go back to the stock hood and use the latch on the inside? Let me know...

Dan

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
what brand hood is it? if its a VIS you can put the stock latch on it. i guess you could keep the pins in so you wouldnt have a couple holes there.
if you can put the latch in i would use that, if not i googled this up.

LINK

·
Registered
633 Posts
Or if they're plain hood pins you could put little pad locks in them.
Years ago I had little master locks on mine in my firebird.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
shorte said:
Didn't they flop around a bit and scratch up the paint though?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I actually don't know what brand it is, since I didn't put it on there. I will go out and look at it later today.

Right now the pins that are on there are Sparcos.
http://www.sparcousa.com/ptuning_acc.asp?id=297

The only problem that I have found so far with some of the locking kits are that they say it is required to use the factory hood latch. Now, my hood uses the latch at the front of the hood, but the release from the inside of the car is not connected. I don't want to buy another set of pins just to have the hood fly off while I am driving...

So here is my problem: should I spend the money to get the locks, or do you guys really think that I shouldn't worry too much about it?

Dan

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Like this set I found on Ebay:
Hood Pins
It says works with all CF hoods, but the after it says that it works with all factory hood latch assembly. Are they talking about the latch that you flip under the hood, or the latch that you pull on the inside of the car?

Dan

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
rabidpanda said:
Are they talking about the latch that you flip under the hood, or the latch that you pull on the inside of the car?
Both... AFAIK, all cars are required to have a double-latch setup on their hoods. It's so you don't accidently pull the release while going down the highway, causing the hood to instantly fly up and smash the windshield... Or accidently pull the latch and not notice until you get up enough speed for the same result.
Assuming they're up to the constant abuse of holding down the hood at speed, you could probably get away with the locking pins and flip-latch, but I don't see how the pull release could be a bad thing either.

·
Registered
633 Posts
stickershop said:
shorte said:
Didn't they flop around a bit and scratch up the paint though?
Nah, they were small enough to stay inside the circle of the chrome plate that was attached to the hood.
like these but replacing the cables and clips with locks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts