Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today i need to check the oil but the hood won't pop open. it's like the wire has been stretched to the point where there is no tension to open the hood. how do i get the hood open??

·
Registered
129 Posts
Solution:
You might need two people.
I do this EVERYDAY lol.

Pull the lever to pop the hood.
Hold it.
Have the other person (or you) push down on the front of the hood near the center and pull it up.
You should hear it click.

If you're totally alone you SHOULD be able to just hit the hood to jiggle it loose while pulling the hood release.

It's really easy with two people.

hahah if you're really desperate get fishing line tie it around your lever, pull the lever, and tie it to the head rest bar.

That's a pretty easy fix, and it actually got my hood working (semi) normal again.

Hope that helps :)

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
Unless you're a short body (or short armed) you should be able to reach the front of the hood and the hood release lever at the same time with the door open.

If you can't get this to work then remove the bumper and you can get underneath the latch to release it directly. Then replace the hood release cable.

·
Registered
199 Posts
For me, adjusting the position of the lower hood latch by the radiator allowed the hood to pop up again. The EF hood latch system is kinda dumb. Very sensitive to install position. Honda fixed this with 5th generation cars.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts