Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a car nut. I have been since I got my first hotwheels toy when I was 3 years old. It doesn't matter to me what the make, model or year is.. if it has wheels, I'm hooked.

I cannot look at a car, any car, without stripping it down in my mind, and putting it back together with all the mods I think would make it the ultimate ride.

I am knee deep in my hatch project right now.. I'm in the "parts gathering" stage.. I can't get enough of it! I love searching the web-sites, flipping through the magazines, and "bench racing" my ideas with my friends, or anyone who will listen.

I have been "building" this car in my head for the last 3 years.. plotting and planning its final look, and mods.. doing all the research to turn it into what my idea of the ultimate hatch would be for me. I must have built this car in my head 100 different ways, with 100's of different mods that I wanted to do, and there honestly is no telling how much might change even now that im gathering up the parts needed for its transformation.

Now that I am actually 90% sure of what I want for my car. I have moved onto the next stage.. and the reality of how bad my addiction is, is hitting me. See, alot of people, myself included, can talk the talk all day long about what they are going to do their cars.. It's not that they are any less of an car nut, or that they are just posers.. it's just that they really haven't commited to the actual build. I never really realized the huge difference there is between "building a car in your head" and "actually building the car" It's fun and exciting to dream about what you want to do to your car. The big surprise I got was the fact that when you move from "dreaming" to actually "DOING" the fun increases 100 fold.

I'm really having a great time with this project, and I guess the whole point of this thread, is to encourage any of you out there who are right on the edge of dreaming to doing.. to just take the plunge and DO IT!! It's kinda scary to see the money go out of your wallet.. and the second guessing on just which part your going to drop your cash on, and just the whole experience of commiting to DOING instead of DREAMING.. it is SOOO worth it!

Good luck to all of you on YOUR projects!

My name is Mike aka Sneaky_Pete... and im a car addict!

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
ummm, lets see...

Project CRX- currently being prepped for paint, and having the interior re-upholstered in black cloth over the grey, and fresh vinyl over the black.
Plans are being drawn up, and some parts have been assembled for the engine build up, still trying to decide if a hi-comp mini-me is the way to go, or will the A6 head be satisfactory, at least for the time being.

Daily Driver Ranger- Stereo upgrade is being planned. I just found out a supercharger is available... Right now it's primarily being cleaned up, and brought back to "new" (fix interior lights, replace the tailgate latch, tune-up, cover up paint chips, ect)

Fiance's Saturn- tires, stereo, and just clean it up, lol

Then, theres always the cars I want to build in my head....

·
Registered
320 Posts
If I had all the money in the world....yeah...I would be that addicted. I was, at one time before going to Iraq, very much addicted to buying "new" stuff for my CRX. Now, I just grab stuff when I need it. Who knows, maybe being addicted to this car has made me lazy in the process. A sort of regression instead of progression...lol.

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
now that I have a crx, I'm loving doing the work to it to bring it back to like-new condition. it is hard work, but the end results always seem to pay off and give that next push to do more. I also find it fun to search out parts and mods, toying with the possibilities in my head of what I can/want to do.

Now if my wallet would just cooperate!! :D

·
Registered
119 Posts
Wasuri said:
Enough to make my bank statement say "$0.01".
wow..youre in the black, im deep deep deep in the red.

i buy way too many parts and stupid things like postcards and hotwheels and modifiers and johnny lightnings and manuals and brochures i cant read and tie tacks even magazine ads people saved and posted on ebay. although what id really like is one of those big thick cardboard display posters they use in dealerships from the original release of the rex.

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
SETI20 said:
I remember watching a short video of some guy on honda-tech. I saved it...just to have it.

2 of his quotes pretty much sum up all my feelings about cars, and my car in particular.

"Happyness is a full tank of gas."
"Racing makes a heroin addiction seem like a craving for something salty."
Bas, that is an awesome vid. The guy's nick is rice_classic, and the tank of gas quote is a sticker on the back of his red CRX. It's on the first page of the video sticky in the CRX/EF forum. I show it to a lot of my friends, especially the ones who are skeptics about the CRX's ability to race against other cars, they all love that quote.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I remember that video, everyone got all sad because they thought he was rubbing his car because its dead-but in reality he was rubbing a part of his chassis that buckled form the crash. lol

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
what a great video, shows how fast things can get out of control when racing.

I still can't believe the crash Paul Dana was in at the practice for the Indy300, it's terrible to think he didn't see Carpenter's car sliding into his path. Hard to say what a person can react to at 170+ mph. :cry:

·
Registered
63 Posts
ya my addiction goes to the point that i have a set up for like my crx with every engine. i have a dream on making a awd crx which i think would be the coolest thing in the world. im going to do it someday to i know i am bc personally i think that would be the coolest thing in the world and i have never heard of anyone doing one before so i ahave to be the first have to.

·
Registered
119 Posts
nope..you would not be the first..i have seen someone else who made one. i cant remember if they based the AWD off the old civic wagon or the CRV, there was a post about it on a forum a couple years ago.

i also saw a DC2 integra with AWD drifting at one of the Falken Drift Showoffs they had at Fedex Field here in the DC area.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Ragnaarok said:
I still can't believe the crash Paul Dana was in at the practice for the Indy300, it's terrible to think he didn't see Carpenter's car sliding into his path. Hard to say what a person can react to at 170+ mph. :cry:
Tell me about it...the Speedway (Indy, where I work...not Homestead-Miami) was pretty grim on Monday. We heard that Ed was doing really well on Monday, at least...and an interesting story -- when Ed regained consiousness, they asked him some questions about what happened to try and gauge whether he suffered a concussion or not. Apparently Ed was able to tell them exactly which cars passed him after he hit the wall before Paul's car hit him...in the order in which they passed.

Amazing that a crash that would have killed both drivers had Dana hit Ed's car a couple of feet lower on the track managed to allow one of the drivers to walk away in that good of condition. Incidentally, Ed isn't cleared by his doctor to run this weekend at the street course in St. Pete, Vision is having another driver step in to drive the car.

Quite the race on Sunday, too -- Wheldon and Helio wheel-to-wheel for lap after lap was about as good as it gets. Dan showed a lot of class after winning, too...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.