Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do i clean as the title says. anyone, maybe air pressure things, i have no idea, i want to clean it up make it look nice.

·
Registered
30 Posts
you can get this engine degreaser at Canadian tire, you warm the engine up , spray it on , let it sit , then wash it off, it works great for the most part, a pressure washer works well at that point , but be sur eto cover up the important bits.

·
Registered
225 Posts
You want to do what street luge said, but make sure you cover up the major electrical components first. I usually use plastic grocery bags. Double them up, cover the battery, alternator, distributor and tie them off (or use rubber bands). Rinse the engine bay, spray on the degreaser/cleaner, let sit for a bit (follow instructions on the can), then rinse off, and let dry for a while. You can them remove the bags and just throw them away.

While this will not get all the dirt and grime out from every crevice, it definitely makes a difference. Good luck,

- short-A

·
Registered
191 Posts
I've found that this brush helps a ton for getting everything really clean. It also works great for more open wheels when you want to clean everything. It was originally designed for motorcycles and every detailer I know (my self included, well, back in HS anyway) loves this thing.

·
Registered
289 Posts
If you apply soap and use a brush, you won't need a pressure washer and you don't need to cover anything up. Everything under the hood is designed to be splashproof, and honda electrical connectors generally have o-rings to keep the water out. Just rinse it all out gently with a hose. I've been doing this for years with no problems. If your crx has trouble in damp or rainy weather you may not want to do it this way though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.