Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I have the RHD converted HF. The previous owner claims to have swapped out the enitre front suspension. The car now has AEM big brakes on the front with stock calipers.

I am in the process of trying to get some used Wilwood brakes (calipers, rotors, lines, and brackets) for $300 shipped. They are coming off of an Si CRX.

How do I tell for sure if the hubs on my car are off the SiR? And are they different from the Si hubs as far as brake mounting goes?

Sorry to ask so many questions. I wanna snatch these up if they'll fit my car.

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
I thought the SiR had EX-style brakes, the EF knuckle with the larger, DA-sized discs.

300 shipped for a Wilwood setup? Good deal man, I think I've seen that one recently on another forum...

·
Registered
529 Posts
downest said:
I thought the SiR had EX-style brakes, the EF knuckle with the larger, DA-sized discs.

300 shipped for a Wilwood setup? Good deal man, I think I've seen that one recently on another forum...
True statement. SiR has the EX DA sized brakes. 10.3 as opposed to the 9.5s the caliper is different too. The EX DA SiR have a metal piece closest to the hub, that I had to grind to fit my HX wheels. Here is a link to my brake swap thread so you can see both styles:

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1003573

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.