Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i am one lazy mothereffer. How can I procrastinate fixing or even attempting to fix my car?

To make a long story extremly short: I got a mini me head swap (only labor) done by a guy, and when I got it back it had a bad sound as if something metalic was bumping around on the inside. He said he didnt know. So I took it to a shop that my family normally goes to and he said its a tooth too advanced. I ignored it because the mechanic told me its not. I leave the car how it is and i leave to china. I come back and after having work done on it by that same shop it gives me motivation to just put it -1 tooth advanced.

I did it today. My horrendous noise, vibration, near stalls, and bad throttle reponse have gone away! Who woulda thunk!?

Yet nothing is perfect. I still have a small noise. You know when you stall your car it makes that clank in the valvetrain of dying? Its that but extremly extremly quiet, its barly heard but if you sit there long enough you can.

Any ideas?

My sentence structure, grammer, spelling, and descriptions may be extremly bad due to my excitement because the noise is finally gone. I cant think straight and i apologize before hand for that.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
What kind of mini-me is this? Is it a D16Z6 where you have to hack up the distributor mounts? Can you pinpoint exactly where the metallic noise is coming from?

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Adjust your valves wasi!
I did mine and forgot to adjust them.
I was greeted by a clickty clack that scared me.
I stopped the engine and thought duh!
I can get the adjusting sequence tomorrow.I lent my manual to a friend.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stickershop, Its a y8 head with a6 dist.

Rex2nr, im assuming its the valve click you are talking about because you definitly have to listen for it while the hoods open, and while at idle.

Langquid, not at all.

Ollie, im selling my old 91Si front end soon for an OK price and im finally going to be able to buy my conversion harness and require parts for my supercharger, but the first thing ill do is buy a valve clearance checker asap!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts