Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i've done a few searches and came up with nothing so far...if its already a topic somwhere i'll take this down...

i've found a few hits on my local craigslist, but the auto was definatly cheaper...i haven't gone to look at any of them yet, but I think the auto should still be in the running, because i still have all the working parts of a stick to throw in there...

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
i've done it. Its not terribly hard at all, so long as you have all of the parts. You will have to fab a couple extra parts too. but its nothing you can't do with a drill and a jigsaw.
I'm pretty sure I've written up something on this before.

·
Registered
779 Posts
It's very easy. I've done it to 3 efs (one of them mine, the other my brothers) and I must say, if you have ALL the parts, and you pull the engine out to replace the tranny, that it can be done in 1 weekend.

I had no need to make custom parts. I used 100% factory honda parts.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
ludesrv said:
I had no need to make custom parts. I used 100% factory honda parts.
Then what did you use tocover the gaping hole in the floor where the auto shifter cable came through?

·
Registered
779 Posts
I welded in a panel??? I didn't ghetto rig it. I welded it from the top, sealed it, then primered it white like the inside of the car was. Then I went under and rubberised undercoated the whole thing. Did the same to my bothers car and my friends EF. I also drilled the holes for the shifter and tacked on some metric bolts and used factory honda bolts to hold up the shifter.

What did you do?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.