Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
unless we can get an offical record from DOT and whatever canada uses (dunno, lol,) lets see if we can figure out how many rexes are left in this world (or if possable, by state)

as for minnesota
my panda -deceaced
my new red one
some guy from Ham Laketryed to sell me one or both of his for around 2000 each X.X
two listings on autotrader
i've heard of another white one driving around here last summer
Ive seen another white one, some kinda 1st gen with a 2nd gen bodykit on it

so thats about 7 in minnesota
i see alot of pictures of people with 3 or more crxes in their yard, but does anyone else live in a deadspot? or maybe someone who lives in a crx breeding ground who could hook some of us less fortunate up? :p

·
Registered
276 Posts
It seems like you're trying to estimate a number in the thousands by using a initial estimate from how many rexs you can see from your porch. I've got 3 CRX's in my yard, but if I were to estimate how many were in Tucson, I'd say 150 +/- 50. Roughly a million people, that makes roughly 1 CRX for every 5000 people (on the high side).

·
Registered
319 Posts
In the rust belt of central and eastern Canada and USA there are likely a very few CRXs in the condition of the less temperate states and countries. So, if you want to write-off the rusties, then the places to count them are much less. It is still a lot of legwork to find the registered ones out there as many jurisdictions would be unlikely to forward any statistics, unless you get the manufacturer behind the request.

·
Registered
734 Posts
pandaCRX said:
unless we can get an offical record from DOT and whatever canada uses (dunno, lol,) lets see if we can figure out how many rexes are left in this world (or if possable, by state)

as for minnesota
my panda -deceaced
my new red one
some guy from Ham Laketryed to sell me one or both of his for around 2000 each X.X
two listings on autotrader
i've heard of another white one driving around here last summer
Ive seen another white one, some kinda 1st gen with a 2nd gen bodykit on it

i see alot of pictures of people with 3 or more crxes in their yard, but does anyone else live in a deadspot? or maybe someone who lives in a crx breeding ground who could hook some of us less fortunate up? :p
Well, I got me one, and I seen one on the way to the strip club/likker store once. And I heard tell of a YELLER one driving around once! So, I reckon we gots three here in Indianer.

Was this post for real??

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
there's still plenty of rex's around.......I think a better thread would be trying to find out how many are in good condition. Here in the town I live we at least 10 and I live in a small town......but only two or three of them aren't rusted out......I wish mine was one of the non-rusted crx's around here.......but it's not........ :rolleyes1:

·
Registered
779 Posts
The government record would only tell you which ones are on the road, which ones are at the wreckers. Who knows how many of them are 'lost' in old barns, back of fields. Good luck.

It's safe to say there is ALOT of them left, alot of them. Not as many as we would like, but still lots.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well I live in St. Paul...and you didn't list my red CRX HF. There is another one right up the block from me, a white one in pretty good condition that just sits outside and gets no love. My buddy out in the suburbs has 1, there are 3-4 that will run in next year's MAC autoX season (that includes mine and my buddy's). There are a decent number of them around, but you def can't estimate how many by how often you see them.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Its me DUB said:
And then think about how many may be mis-classified at the DMV as a 2 door civic, hatchback or other.
I forget what my registration says, but I know for a fact that my insurance card calls it a "91 Civic", and that's obviously based off the VIN...so for sure there are a lot like that.

·
Registered
108 Posts
So does anyone have access to the original production numbers?

We could probably figure out a rough number by going top down and using some statistical averages.

BTW - one more in the northwestern suburbs of the Twin Cities - mint 88Si

·
Registered
289 Posts
pandaCRX said:
so add me to your MN count ... if you see a rusty '88 blade silver Si on US 52 between St.Paul and Rochester on a nice summer day, it's probably me. I should get a "I eat Rice" (apologies to sammy hagar) bumper sticker 'cause I've lost count of how many civics with wings and fart cans I've beaten to 65 mph from the south stoplight of cannon falls (nothing illegal here, that's the speed limit on 52).

You should go to the uptown area in minneapolis and do a census. Seems like I see 3 or 4 CRXes there every time I drive through that part of town, without actually even looking. Better yet, stuff a crxcommunity.com flyer under the wipers of every one you see :)

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
andystart said:
So does anyone have access to the original production numbers?
I've searched all over the net and I don't think Honda has ever released the original production totals for the CRX. I think it would kind of hard to even guess at how many are left since we don't know how many there were to start with......

·
Registered
711 Posts
rex2nr said:
and DMV files won't show any of the track only cars which some of us have... or those which are unregistered stored away.
I'd be surprised to find this being a very significant # of cars.

Personally i don't think it's quite possible to track down every single crx (yet...)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts