Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seen some recently and looked them up on ebay. They are really cheap...but do they actually put out more bass than a decent quality 6.5 two way?

I noticed they are pretty deep (the pyramid ones)...will they even fit in the stock brackets in an '85 rex?

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
I'd say stay away from doing that. If you put a 6 inch "sub" in your stock location and expect it to put out some bass, you'll be VERY disappointed. The only way a 6" sub will put any bass is if it is in a VERY well designed enclosure. And NOT in a car. Also, not to step on anybody's toes here, but everything made by Pyramid is JUNK! Honestly. You get what you pay for.

I'd say go with a decent set of coax speakers and save for an amp and real subs.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
You don't really want a lot of bass in your doors anyways because they will *rattle* and *buzz* like crazy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the opinions.
I was considering putting them in the back brackets. I've got some 6.5 2ways up front and they sound fine but I am missing some decent bass. So really for a sub to do anything decent it has to be in an enclosure and likely have an amp?

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Daveed said:
Thanks for the opinions.
I was considering putting them in the back brackets. I've got some 6.5 2ways up front and they sound fine but I am missing some decent bass. So really for a sub to do anything decent it has to be in an enclosure and likely have an amp?
First most important thing is an enclosure. Second most important is power. It will literally do NOTHING if you put a sub in those rear brackets, no matter what size they are. You'll hook it up and it will move back and forth but no bass.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
if you actually look at the rear mounts you will see that there ae noonclosures.. .. . .you can hae 4 18" subs in the back and with out a box hey will not do crap.. . ..I competedin d drag for a while andmy cousins own a ca audio shop . . . if you are looking for low price and space savings.. . . .lok into one of the bass tubes. .. . . bazooka is about the leaderin tubes bu other copanies havedecent stuff too.... . most have built in amp. . .. . . as well perfectally matched to the sub thatsin them..... and 8 or 10 inch tube will save you alot of space compared to a full sub enclosure and if you are comparing thebass to 2 6 inchers you will be pleasentl surprized as to how well it will sound.. ..... . it will be a nice compliment to your existing system. . ..

look into it . . ..youll be glad you did. . .

Chris

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Holy typo's, toxiclows! Were you pretty tired when you wrote that? :wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts