Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to take off everything I don't really need inside the engine bay and on the engine. I have already dismantled the AC system, it will be gone for good. What else can I just get rid of? I want a very clean minimilistic engine/engine bay.

·
Registered
711 Posts
If you wanna sell that a/c system, as long as its whole, i'll take the whole thing off your hands for a fair price :D

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
coldtotouch said:
If you wanna sell that a/c system, as long as its whole, i'll take the whole thing off your hands for a fair price :D
sorry, i would have but i took off most of it in the fall. accidentally...threw away the compressor and everything. it was working too. i went to pick it up from the dumpster a few hours after and it was gone =(

any AC sensors or relays you need let me know. i'll practically give them away.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
You can take out quite a bit if you don't care about a/c.... You can also remove or hide a hefty amount of vacuum lines, charcoal canister, and anyting else you don't want showing. Redo fuel lines and filter so they are hidden more, maybe even redo the brake lines a tad, relocate the battery, relocate the radiator overflow, etc... Also, tuck the wires, and clean up the engine bay... it'll be puuuuurty.

<~~~ Also likes the "looks like it doesn't have enough hooked up to run" look 8)

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is there anything out there that shows what you can just get rid of vacuum line wise? what about the coolant lines into the intake mani?

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Get rid of the charcoal canister and purge solenoid. I remember you're going mini-me, so you won't have a vac line running to the MAP on the firewall either. On my Z6 manifold, all I have for vacuum lines are the PCV, brake booster, and fuel pressure regulator. You can remove the coolant lines I guess, but it's going to make it idle like crap when you first start it up. Here's what mine looks like, it's pretty clean:

Moving the MAP wire from the firewall to the TB isn't bad, you don't have to extend anything, but you will need to cut the harness wrap a little. The fuse box tuck is similar, no extending, depending where you want to put it.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
black intakes are cool :)
looks just like mine...

charcoal canister mounts nicely under the intake manifold if the bracket is removed from the manifold.... just lenghten the lines a little...

Fuse box can be easily relocated into the cabin with a little creative soldering and time.....

battery fits nicely in that large space in the back of the CRX

there are 3 big things right there. . .

good luck to you

Chris

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK...

Charcoal canister is in the trash. The valve right next to it on the right is still in the car. I can throw this away right? There are two plugs running into it from the wiring harness that's still in the car (not the engine one). Do I need to hook resisters up to any of the plugs if I throw away the valve? The valve also has some vacuum lines on it.

thanks

nick

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
One of the plugs is for the MAP sensor, one for the purge solenoid. You need the MAP, depending where you put it you might need to free up a little wire from the main harness.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.