Honda CRX Forum banner

How much did you pay for your Crx?

17K views 117 replies 86 participants last post by  xNRxJose 
#1 ·
How much did you guys pay for your Crx's?
How many miles on them?
How long have you had them?
Did you buy them stock or how modified were they when you took possesion of them?

#3 ·
I bought my 1991 CRX Si (Frost White) in 1998 for $9,000 CDN with 91,000 KM's on it. Completely stock except for alarm.

I bought my 1991 CRX Si Special Edition in 2001 for $8,000 CDN with 155,000 KM's on it. Completely NOT stock. I sold all the aftermarket parts to fund my restoration project on it. So I probably paid about $5,000 net for the car itself.

#6 ·
$700 off my boss, no rust needed a paint job. automatic with 168k miles.. all stock

#11 ·
My grandmother is english and she drives like a maniac. I also had to take her Civic in to get body work last year when she smashed up the bumper. When I was learning to drive, she told me that you can pass if the dashed lines are within sight, and also that cars always have a right-of-way over pedestrians.

#12 ·
My first CRX back in about 2000 was a 89 Y-49 Si...quite stock, with 104k miles on it. I paid $3,000, if memory serves. I dumped a ton of money into that one, DOHC ZC when the stock engine blew at 135k, WW kit, full repaint, CF hood, lots of bits and pieces. I probably put a good 50K miles on that car. Later sold to my old roommate, who sold his Blade Silver DX with Mini-Me swap to buy it. He ended up getting a newer Tibeuron and sold the yellow CRX to some foreign dudes from Chicago. He was later contacted by the Wisconson State Police when the car was found abandoned in some random parking lot probably 6 months later, still registered in his name (they never registered the car or got plates for it). He gave the cops all the info he had on these dudes, and considered going to get the car back, but the fees he would have had to pay the wrecking yard that held it the whole time that they tried to contact him (he changed phone numbers after selling the car), and it wouldn't have been worth it.

While that car was being painted, I picked up a silver 87 Si to drive around as a daily/winter beater. Paid I think $1000 or 1500, totally stock. Drove the hell out of it and later sold it to my old boss for $900, he wanted a car that got good mileage for a long commute he was making at a new job. Drove the hell out of it until something went wrong, rather than having me fix it he just gave the car away to someone he knew who was badly in need of a car (nice guy).

After the 89Si and the 87Si, I briefly drove an AWD turbocharged 1G Talon. Fast, but a pain in the ass and it wasn't a CRX. Sold that and picked up a 91 Integra LS with non-VTEC B18...no rust, black with tan interior, had under 80k miles when I got it. I think I paid $3200 for it. It was like a CRX but bigger, with power windows and all that jazz. Pretty nice car, I kinda miss it sometimes. I traded it straight-up to a kid from Honda-Tech for my current CRX, a 91 DX with SOHC VTEC ZC swap, Si seats, and some other mods. The car was a little noisy and rough when I got it, I'm slowly making it a little more comfy. The car itself has 190,000 miles on it, but it's virtually rust-free (the car has been repainted black) and in pretty good shape overall. Lots of compliments on this car, and it's getting some goodies right now that I'll post about soon.

#13 ·
My first one was a 90 DX that i picked out of auction for a grand. Stock. Put 500 dollars worth of work, gas tank had a hole, needed new tank. Bit rusty so i sold it and picked up my 91 Si for two grand. Some rust but in better shape then the DX. The si was stock. Thats what im driving now.

#21 ·
First:
1991 Frost White CRX Si
$1600
103k miles
2.5 years
Stock, very little rust.
Wrecked it.

Second:
1989 Rio Red CRX Si
$200
I forgot
4 months
All buggered up.
Sold it.

Third:
1989 Rio Red CRX Dx
$250
5 months
Non-running, but completely rust free.
Swapped everything over from the white Si.
Daily driver.

#22 ·
First:
$2900 for a '90 DX auto
141,000 mi.
Had it for about 2 years till I totaled it :cry:
Stock except for a pop-up sunroof

Second:
$400 + a D15B2 for a '91 DX auto
$133,000 mi.
Had it for about 4 years now.
Stock except for a siezed motor, missing hatch, seats and misc. interior panels.

#23 ·
$400 90 HF all original, even the blown engine. No rust just a faded red paint job.
Unknown mileage but It doesn't matter. I have had three engines in it. the current one is a 2000 D16Y7 with 34xxx miles so far.
I've had the car for 5 years. This is the third CRX I own and I am keeping this one.

#24 ·
$2000
1991 HF
Stock except for rims, exhaust, stereo system and very minor front end damage on the passenger side..

currently
same as bought except for minor damage on drivers side also.. (stupid person stopping in front of me at a green light as it turned yellow)

#26 ·
91 dx
$500
80% stock except minor interior customs and cool stickers

1st piston rod bearing was out and engine needed replaced :cry:
$474 d15b2 engine
$120 other stuff
bout a grand total for an efficient college car
(probably will mod when i reach the springs closer to more salvage yards) :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.