Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much is a 88 HF worth with new paint and a body in great shape. 102k miles, no ,mechanical problems and just needs a windshield replacement. No rims or hubs

Kid at school is offering me $1200 for my HF but I think I can probably sell it off for atleast $1500
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,746 Posts
It really depends on where you are, and we'll need to see pics. I know if you had a clean body and were in the Northeast, you'd get a lot more than that for a stock HF, especially considering it's the lightest chassis to build on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,423 Posts
downest said:
It really depends on where you are, and we'll need to see pics. I know if you had a clean body and were in the Northeast, you'd get a lot more than that for a stock HF, especially considering it's the lightest chassis to build on.
Yeah I'd rather have an HF than anything...but it's really all about preference. Most people want Si's for some reason even though they're going to swap it anyway. I'd definitely rather start with a clean HF...or rock it stock forever and love the gas mileage.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright when I get done with it I will post pics

But damn, now I dont really want to sell it. Great gas mileage and in the future I will probably regret it. It would make a great daily driver too once all fixed up. I fear it would get stolen tho
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
818 Posts
Juans_Mx3 said:
Alright when I get done with it I will post pics

But damn, now I dont really want to sell it. Great gas mileage and in the future I will probably regret it. It would make a great daily driver too once all fixed up. I fear it would get stolen tho
then dont sell it, they do get great gas mileage and if you think you will regret it chances are you will. I have a stock HF as my daily driver and i wouldnt trade it for the world. and if your worry about it getting stolen once you fix it up just get full coverage insurance on it. that way if it gets stolen the insurance company will have to shell out at least the bluebook on it and at which time you could come up on here and im sure everyone would be up to help you find another one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,746 Posts
Don't sell it until you've driven the MX around a while, you will appreciate the low-maintenance Honda. The KL motors are such a pain in the ass, and I'm not too impressed by the quality (or lack of) in many places in the MX6... I'm sure the 3 is similar.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,813 Posts
If you've only got the two cars, don't sell it. It's so nice having a spare car, it's not like you're going to get that much for it, and it's not costing you much if anything to keep it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
734 Posts
Capuchin said:
man i got ripped off i paid 2,300 for my 88 hf. i thought it was worth that much because it at the time it only had 230ish miles and it was clean but not perfect. now i m really pissed off
230ish miles? Do you mean 230k? If so, I'd say you overpaid...but 2300 isn't bad for a clean CRX (of any trim level) with no rust in good shape throughout and fairly low miles. $1200-1500 gets you a winter beater around here, not anything nice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
*************Sorry fo the long post*************
*************Sorry fo the url links, I tried the
but didnt' work*************

Man if I could have found a clean stock HF like you're describing yours to be, I would have paid you $2200 which is what I paid for my 1991 stock CRX HF. Luckily I sold the wheels/tires that came with it for $250, so I only paid $1950 for the HF but it was exaclty what I wanted...stock engine and tranny. I get 50MPG when I drive it on the highways so it's great with $3.29 gas now-a-days. My worst tank has gotten me 44 MPG!

Some details about my CRX:
- 1991 CRX HF
- 147K miles
- Stock engine/transmission
- Timing Belt & Water Pump done 2 months ago (reciepts)
- Clutch and front axles replaced 1 year ago (reciepts)
- Smogged
- 15" wheels with new tires
- Clean title (via carfax)
- Nice Exterior/Interior and drives great!
- Just missing the B pillar plastic trim on the drivers side...so if any of you guys have one, I'M LOOKING FOR THAT!

BONUSES owner didn't mention in original ad
- Alarm with power locks -
- Coilovers -
- Speakers in doors (clean install) -
- Fog lights (BIG ) YUCK
- Fart Can Muffler (another ) can you say EEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

SETI20 said:
It'll have to be immaculate to be worth either.
SETI20 clearly lives where CRX are considered worthless. Look around on other major cities craigslists to see what others are selling CRX's for...heck even junkers that are total busted project cars are going for $1100. Trust me if you want ALOT more $$$ for your CRX than what that kid is offering you and if it's really in the condition you make it out to seem it would be smart of you NOT to sell it to him for that little amount. Be smat and post it on any Craigslist in California (particular http://sfbay.craigslist.org/ in San Francisco, San Diego, or LA) or on ebay and definatley push the fact that it was EPA rated at 56 mpg highway and 49 mpg city. Also that this car is a great alternative to expensive hybrids that this gets great mileage. Hell a new Toyota Yaris is being touted because of it's '41MPG'...and that's a new car! Heck shipping from coast to coast is only $600 tops using a national shipping carrier.

Here's the link for that gas mileage claims, just look up your given make/year/etc:
http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/findacar.htm

Take a look at some before pics of when I first went to go look at it in South San Francisco...

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6db10b3127cce89ed831a749800000016108CcNXLFm3cW
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6db10b3127cce89ed83f4747600000016108CcNXLFm3cW
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6db10b3127cce89ed8381f53300000016108CcNXLFm3cW
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6db10b3127cce89ed806eb54500000016108CcNXLFm3cW
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6db10b3127cce89ed806f347400000016108CcNXLFm3cW

Then after a long and tedious 4 step wash/rubbing/polish/wax cleaning it looked like this.
The products I used were:
Wash: Regular car wash stuff
Rubbing Compound (light): Meguiars Mirror Glaze Fine Cut Cleaner
Rubbing Compound (professional): 3M Pefect-It II Rubbing Compound Professional Formula
Polish: Meguiars Mirror Glaze Professional Show Car Glaze
Wax:Turtle Wax Super Hard Shell Car Wax
Notice I got the luster back on the paint...not too bad huh?
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6d823b3127cce899ce49c31e200000016108CcNXLFm3cW
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6d823b3127cce899ce4fc318200000016108CcNXLFm3cW
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6d823b3127cce899cedcdf01f00000016108CcNXLFm3cW
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6d823b3127cce899ce405b04b00000016108CcNXLFm3cW
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6d823b3127cce899ce72b71cc00000016108CcNXLFm3cW
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6d823b3127cce899ce1b9f06d00000016108CcNXLFm3cW
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6d823b3127cce899cedc2712000000016108CcNXLFm3cW
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6d820b3127cce89eac856d95700000016108CcNXLFm3cW
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6d820b3127cce89eac8bed9bf00000016108CcNXLFm3cW
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6d823b3127cce89914ac5909300000016108CcNXLFm3cW
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6d820b3127cce89eac82ed92f00000016108CcNXLFm3cW

Then I finally started picking up some parts for it...first on the list were some light weight wheels to swap out the 15's

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6db07b3127cce89c0633f96a500000016108CcNXLFm3cW

Here's what they compare like:
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7dd08b3127cce82f2a0f2073200000016108CcNXLFm3cW

Then here it is with the wheels and the Yakima bike racks I picked up for cheap!

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7dc34b3127cce81c95a00e41300000016108CcNXLFm3cW

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7dc34b3127cce81c95a14e40700000016108CcNXLFm3cW

Then about 2 weeks ago I swapped out the large diameter exhaust and replaced it with a stock Si exhaust all what way from the engine to the dual tip back!

Also picked up a set of minty CRX DX seats and plan to swap the covers with the set of these I picked up too.
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7dd11b3127cce82ffe65a73c000000015108CcNXLFm3cW
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7dd11b3127cce82ffe64673dc00000016108CcNXLFm3cW
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7dd11b3127cce82ffe647f2ed00000016108CcNXLFm3cW
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7dd11b3127cce82ffe645f2ef00000016108CcNXLFm3cW
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7dd11b3127cce82ffe631f29b00000016108CcNXLFm3cW
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7dd11b3127cce82ffe63e73a400000015108CcNXLFm3cW
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7dd11b3127cce82ffe616738c00000016108CcNXLFm3cW_url
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Holy crap, Im keeping this car.
Its worth alot, hopefully, someone dosent decide to steal my stock car because I know how much people love to steal Hondas.

Get this, a couple months ago I was about to buy a 91 CRX with only 102k miles, original clutch, well taken care of.
I didnt cause for one, my parents dont support me buying cars. They think its a stupid hobby and some other ignorant stuff. The car was in great shape. Even the original paint was good.
The main reason was because I didnt have enough money at the time for it. Right now I have enough.
Dont remember if it was a DX or HF or SI

I have a friend at work that bought a B16 CRX in descent shape for $700 tho.

The only way I sell this CRX is if someone offers me $2500
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,389 Posts
97SS said:
*************Sorry fo the long post*************
*************Sorry fo the url links, I tried the
but didnt' work*************

Man if I could have found a clean stock HF like you're describing yours to be, I would have paid you $2200 which is what I paid for my 1991 stock CRX HF. Luckily I sold the wheels/tires that came with it for $250, so I only paid $1950 for the HF but it was exaclty what I wanted...stock engine and tranny. I get 50MPG when I drive it on the highways so it's great with $3.29 gas now-a-days. My worst tank has gotten me 44 MPG!

Some details about my CRX:
- 1991 CRX HF
- 147K miles
- Stock engine/transmission
- Timing Belt & Water Pump done 2 months ago (reciepts)
- Clutch and front axles replaced 1 year ago (reciepts)
- Smogged
- 15" wheels with new tires
- Clean title (via carfax)
- Nice Exterior/Interior and drives great!
- Just missing the B pillar plastic trim on the drivers side...so if any of you guys have one, I'M LOOKING FOR THAT!

BONUSES owner didn't mention in original ad
- Alarm with power locks -
- Coilovers -
- Speakers in doors (clean install) -
- Fog lights (BIG ) YUCK
- Fart Can Muffler (another ) can you say EEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

SETI20 said:
It'll have to be immaculate to be worth either.
SETI20 clearly lives where CRX are considered worthless. Look around on other major cities craigslists to see what others are selling CRX's for...heck even junkers that are total busted project cars are going for $1100. Trust me if you want ALOT more $$$ for your CRX than what that kid is offering you and if it's really in the condition you make it out to seem it would be smart of you NOT to sell it to him for that little amount. Be smat and post it on any Craigslist in California (particular http://sfbay.craigslist.org/ in San Francisco, San Diego, or LA) or on ebay and definatley push the fact that it was EPA rated at 56 mpg highway and 49 mpg city. Also that this car is a great alternative to expensive hybrids that this gets great mileage. Hell a new Toyota Yaris is being touted because of it's '41MPG'...and that's a new car! Heck shipping from coast to coast is only $600 tops using a national shipping carrier.

Here's the link for that gas mileage claims, just look up your given make/year/etc:
http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/findacar.htm

Take a look at some before pics of when I first went to go look at it in South San Francisco...

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6db10b3127cce89ed831a749800000016108CcNXLFm3cW
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6db10b3127cce89ed83f4747600000016108CcNXLFm3cW
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6db10b3127cce89ed8381f53300000016108CcNXLFm3cW
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6db10b3127cce89ed806eb54500000016108CcNXLFm3cW
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6db10b3127cce89ed806f347400000016108CcNXLFm3cW

Then after a long and tedious 4 step wash/rubbing/polish/wax cleaning it looked like this.
The products I used were:
Wash: Regular car wash stuff
Rubbing Compound (light): Meguiars Mirror Glaze Fine Cut Cleaner
Rubbing Compound (professional): 3M Pefect-It II Rubbing Compound Professional Formula
Polish: Meguiars Mirror Glaze Professional Show Car Glaze
Wax:Turtle Wax Super Hard Shell Car Wax
Notice I got the luster back on the paint...not too bad huh?
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6d823b3127cce899ce49c31e200000016108CcNXLFm3cW
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6d823b3127cce899ce4fc318200000016108CcNXLFm3cW
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6d823b3127cce899cedcdf01f00000016108CcNXLFm3cW
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6d823b3127cce899ce405b04b00000016108CcNXLFm3cW
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6d823b3127cce899ce72b71cc00000016108CcNXLFm3cW
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6d823b3127cce899ce1b9f06d00000016108CcNXLFm3cW
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6d823b3127cce899cedc2712000000016108CcNXLFm3cW
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6d820b3127cce89eac856d95700000016108CcNXLFm3cW
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6d820b3127cce89eac8bed9bf00000016108CcNXLFm3cW
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6d823b3127cce89914ac5909300000016108CcNXLFm3cW
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6d820b3127cce89eac82ed92f00000016108CcNXLFm3cW

Then I finally started picking up some parts for it...first on the list were some light weight wheels to swap out the 15's

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6db07b3127cce89c0633f96a500000016108CcNXLFm3cW

Here's what they compare like:
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7dd08b3127cce82f2a0f2073200000016108CcNXLFm3cW

Then here it is with the wheels and the Yakima bike racks I picked up for cheap!

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7dc34b3127cce81c95a00e41300000016108CcNXLFm3cW

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7dc34b3127cce81c95a14e40700000016108CcNXLFm3cW

Then about 2 weeks ago I swapped out the large diameter exhaust and replaced it with a stock Si exhaust all what way from the engine to the dual tip back!

Also picked up a set of minty CRX DX seats and plan to swap the covers with the set of these I picked up too.
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7dd11b3127cce82ffe65a73c000000015108CcNXLFm3cW
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7dd11b3127cce82ffe64673dc00000016108CcNXLFm3cW
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7dd11b3127cce82ffe647f2ed00000016108CcNXLFm3cW
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7dd11b3127cce82ffe645f2ef00000016108CcNXLFm3cW
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7dd11b3127cce82ffe631f29b00000016108CcNXLFm3cW
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7dd11b3127cce82ffe63e73a400000015108CcNXLFm3cW
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7dd11b3127cce82ffe616738c00000016108CcNXLFm3cW_url
Talk about a complete threadjack... :rolleyes1:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
baker423 said:
Talk about a complete threadjack... :rolleyes1:
I appologized for the long post right off the bat. Since the guy didn't post pics of his car that he mentioned was nice with fresh paint and all, I simply wanted to give him my car as an example of what condition CRX go for locally...hence all the pic links and lenghty post.

If *he* didn't like it he could have said something...no need to be a jack$$ and try to say it for him...anyway your post was really beneficial to his question wasn't it?

Talk about :rolleyes1: :rolleyes1: :rolleyes1:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,389 Posts
97SS said:
baker423 said:
Talk about a complete threadjack... :rolleyes1:
I appologized for the long post right off the bat. Since the guy didn't post pics of his car that he mentioned was nice with fresh paint and all, I simply wanted to give him my car as an example of what condition CRX go for locally...hence all the pic links and lenghty post.

If *he* didn't like it he could have said something...no need to be a jack$$ and try to say it for him...anyway your post was really beneficial to his question wasn't it?

Talk about :rolleyes1: :rolleyes1: :rolleyes1:
I posted an answer to his question previsously without posting my car specs, history or what i have done to it.
Your post seemed like a typical introduction and progress thread of your car, I see what you are saying, but saw it is a complete jacking of the thread. It was a simple one sentence statement. Whoa. :?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
baker423 said:
This is a no brainer.

Great gas milage, awesome Honda reliablity, why sell?
Unless you can't afford to have two cars.
If your gonna sell a car, sell the Mx3.
Doh...my bad homie...I totally missed that you posted...ok I feel like a dumb ass for my smartass comment...I guess that's what happens when I post at the end of my 12 hour 6pm to 6am shift that I've been working going on 2 straight weeks with no time off.

Plus I pretty much copied and pasted my stuff from my Honda-Tech posting..so I see ur point of sounding like it was my thread, I was too tired/lazy to post it all over again.

Sorry bud!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
One last question

What if the bottom part (where the sideskirts go) are really rusted but the rest of the bottom of the car and body is fine?
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top