Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a question a few months back (on another forum) concerning the issue of nobody having window visors available for us USDM CRX guys with door mounted seat belts. The best answer I found was ones that fit the 88 CRX or whatever year as long as it had B-pillar seat belts, I'm pretty sure the HBs and 88 crxs use the same part number so thats what I went with. The only other versions available are JDM ones which are WAY over priced and not even as effective as cheaper Ventshade brands, so that left me wanting to solve the issue mainly because when it rains my windows fog up all to hell unless I roll my windows down of of course all that damn rain just pours right in the car and just slowly kills the interior. So I finally decided to figure out a solution and heres what I have, cheapest way I have found to run these and so far I'm the only person I've seen with them so I hope this does alot of guys well

This is pretty simple explanation/write up of how I did it. You can see the part umber I used in the first pic. 1st step is just to test fit them to see where the edge of the b-pillar door garnish is under the visor so you will know how much to cut off as this is the main problem with them fitting. The actual curve of the visor is off compared to the CRX door but it's not bad and there's plenty of adhesive to hold it in place (Test fit FIRST). The passenger side was a different length than driver side so I had to measure each individually, possibly due to having the side view mirrors mounted a little offset or something? your car may be different but I still recommend not trying to short cut by cutting them both the same amount.

All I did next was use some weather stripping I bought from home depot to cover up the small spot left after cutting out the necessary section out. This helps to keep the fit water tight, the pictures really do explain the simple process pretty well. Incase anybody's wondering how they work on the CRX after custom install? It rained STUPID hard that night and I had my windows down a few inches the entire night (6 hours of delivering pizzas) w/ no leaks what so ever, and the best part was my windows did not fog up like always since I run no AC. and of course thats the biggest reason of all that I even run these, to help keep the car dry while "defogging" the windows any time it rains really hard, otherwise or if I had AC I would probably never have messed with window visors. All in all though I do like the way it looks either way, hope this helps some of you guys out!

Here you can se the part number I used, these actually fit a 88 Civic HB perfectly, I never had a chance to test them on a 90-91 HB. I bet they fit 88 CRXs as well w/o any cutting?

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
I feel your pain on the foggy windows. To be honest though that would drive me crazy! That piece that over hangs on the back. It just jumps out at me :lol:

I cant find the link but there was a company selling a reproduction of the crx visors for something like $89. Lumpy53 here has a set on his CRX.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ragnaarok said:
Nice, I have the same foggy problem, where did you get them - local store or online site?
Autozone is where I got mine for $37 but you have to ask for them by number not by application since they don't list an application for the CRX.

Krix said:
I feel your pain on the foggy windows. To be honest though that would drive me crazy! That piece that over hangs on the back. It just jumps out at me

I cant find the link but there was a company selling a reproduction of the crx visors for something like $89. Lumpy53 here has a set on his CRX.
Lol, you must not REALLY be feeling my pain or you would be right on board with me ;). That piece that hangs off is nothing to me especially considering how well these work. Charlotte rain is no joke and I basically had no choice, I had to come with a solution to drive in the rain w/o problems (I do deliver pizzas in it).
The company your thinking off was "slimshade" and they no longer make or have any extra CRX visors, they were a limited run and pricey and I also here they don't work NEARLY as well as the cheaper ventshade ones that I have. So again I see NO better option than this for my situation.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
stnapycnaf said:
$37?? Count me in! I've been looking for CRX ones forever. You got the visors for an 88 Hatchback, correct? Awesome job dude, I'm forever grateful :D
just tell the the # 92033, giving them an actual application to check may give you the wrong number. I'm pretty sure they are no listed as a direct application when ordering even thought the package they come in list them for 90-91 NON usdm Civic/CRX

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
kash_money said:
what do you guys mean...there are no window visors for the USDM model crx's....i have a set designed just for the USDM models...
--pictures linked deleted--
Nice, post pics to whore your car but no actual useful info on the parts....

Those visors look nice, but to me look like the original Honda ones...that are expensive as ....... ! I've seen them new for ~150 to 200+
Ridonkulous! :eek:

So tell us what they are, or do you know?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
kash_money said:
imgoingforit said:
Those aren't the sinnovations ones, are they?
yea...they are the sinnovation ones... i just also found out that they are out of business... i was trying to look around for the website but couldn't anymore... oh well.... i bought them for $80 shipped like 1 1/2 years ago....
Yeah I had already gotten excited about those and got shot down again after realizing they were a limited run and were no longer available :? Hence the reason I had to go this route :idea:

I really did do ALOT of research before doing this mod, and I was not able to find any option at all that was affordable and effective at the same time so this was and still is the best solution I've come across.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
so if i just used the part number listed and tell them i am using the visors on a 89 crx,i will get a direct fit.yes?
Telling them you have an '89 CRX will only confuse them and NO they will not be a "direct" fit, you have to actually cut them to make them fit..... not to be hateful but did you actually read ANYthing I posted above? both of these questions have been answered and did not really need to be again....did they?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.