Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(disclaimer: I can only say for sure that this works in Candian cars)

Any engine swap I ever do to DX body cars always results in a code 20. It won't set the CEL (Check Engine Light) but it shows as a fault code on OBD0 ECU's. This is due to the lack of the ELD (Electrical Load Detection) circuit in the under-hood fuse box. The ELD circuit adjusts the engine's idle RPM according to how much electrical draw there is on the engine's charging circuit. As an example, if the headlights are turned on, the engine's idle will increase in RPM to compensate for the extra power requirement of the lights. All Si cars I've seen have the ELD unit and three additional wires in the under-hood fusebox. To correct the code 20, obtain and install an Si fusebox and run the top wire (black) to Ground. The center wire (Green/red) will go to pin B19 at your ecu. The bottom (Black/Yellow) wire will go to any (12+) source that has power only when the Ignition is in the ON position.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.