Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here we go... the EG arm rest "how to". :wink:

First off you're going to need an arm rest from a EG (92-95) Civic and a CRX e-brake cover:

You're going to need to make some cuts:

When you make the cut on the arm rest make sure to leave enough material to make little angle notches

It's probably not necessary but I also notched the back of the arm rest:

On the e-brake cover you can see the cuts:

See how the rear was shortened and cut... note the mounting tabs are still intact:

Now lets put the two together... see how the little angle notches lock on the e-brake cover:

Drill some holes and use zip ties to attach them together:

Here are some photos if the clearance issues:

And one of the front:

All installed:

Sorry if I'm not super descriptive. Hopefully the pictures tell the story... if not just ask. :)b

·
Registered
87 Posts
Baker said:
Instead of using the zip ties, you could always use screws and plastic expansion nuts to give it a more factory look.
Good write up though.
X2

dam I kinda wished this how to for eg was here I probably would of went with this one rather than doin it with the ek. . . over all good job sir.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Just did this in my car with the cup holder eg6 optional armrest :)

with the guidance I got I was able to have zero fitment issues. Nice and sold, unlike the ek armrest the back is mounted also so it doesnt shake

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
I ended up cutting the back up pretty much to the ashtray, I didnt have any clearance issues at all.

Zip ties in front, I'll be getting plastic push pins later to make it look nicer.

Zip ties in back, I'll be getting plastic push pins later to make it look nicer.

The cup holder that holds a bottle of water or an occasional oreo cookie shake from carls jr or jack in the box :)

My previous cup holder, its strange how great it actually worked LOL

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
inthewoods said:
Good job! :)b Do you have a link to where people can buy that fancy arm rest?
Sure do.

Hmotors is located in LA.
http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/whatsnew.php
EG6 Optional Arm Rest - Brand New OEM Honda Arm Rest $125.00

Yes 125 is steep, but when you see what people are paying for good condition used ef8 armrests its usually around 200. 200 Bucks gets u a weak armrest without a cup holder lol. It doesnt even have any of those removable button things. Ill probably put my power windows switches into my armrest also.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.