Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was thinking about doing a how to about seatbelts (because i just recently fixed my drivers side ones) and i still have the passenger side to do, and because they caused me so much trouble trying to understand them, and there was'nt much on them on this site. does that sound like an alright idea, or are safety things like seatbelts a no-go area?

also needed, if anyone knows how to "test" the seatbelts without doing a brake-test or accel-test, that would be really helpfull.

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
Seatbelts are covered under lifetime warranty, your local Honda dealer will service them free of charge. (They might try to sell you other things but the seatbelts are free.)

There's a bit of debate about testing the seatbelts. Some say that you should be able to pull them out quickly and see if they lock. Mine don't work like that, but they still lock under moderate g-forces.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Yep, lifetime for functional issues with the seatbelt. It won't cover any cosmetic issues, but if it affects safety, it's covered. I've heard stories about dealers not wanting to honor it, but show them the wording if you need to. People have posted scans of the warranty on honda-tech to show dealers if they are reluctant to fix your problem. It's basically a small price to pay for Honda to avoid lawsuits if you are injured due to a faulty seatbelt in one of their cars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.