Honda CRX Forum banner
41 - 60 of 72 Posts

· Registered
3,046 Posts
jfrolang said:
Robb said:
Nice article stick!
Stick didn't write this. :?:
i don't know i'm not going to say he plagiarized but i saw it on another website and idk if it says who did write it

· Registered
1,198 Posts
Some advice to those considering buying a CRX - keep in mind that CRXs are old cars. The newest CRX is now 18 years old. Most have gone through several owners and like most older cars as it's priced dropped so did it's up keep/repair. Generally used CRXs need work - from minor (blown bulbs, broken interior bits, etc.) to major (rust, hack job wiring, ghetto swaps, etc.). The CRX is simple and well built so it's a good car to learn about working on cars. But working on old cars requires money, tools, time, and access to a parts chaser. So if your skills are limited chose your CRX carefully.

A well maintained CRX despite it's age can still be a dependable daily driver. If you buy someone else's failed project with hacked up wiring then no it's not going to be dependable. It's extremely easy to get in over your head. I'd suggest buying the closest to stock/original car you can find. Honda did it right the first time. There are tons of CRXs with 200+K on the odometer. So shop carefully........

· Registered
961 Posts
ok first off new to site. The name is JOE. This post was enlightening too bad i didnt register here when i first bought my CRX 3 years ago as i have done most of these repairs already. Couple other things to add would be check for accident damage that was poorly reapired i.e. (rear engine/steering rack sub frame connector) mine had been wrecked and i got a surprise a year later when i had to replace it got it done cheap ($400 for part w/ control arms and installed) also mention wheel bearings, and per state ball joints tierod ends etc i got mine with 188K and had to replace all this upon MVI (motor vehicle inspection) also i found oil in my air-intake tube as well, anyways great site look forward to being a member here !!!
:)

thanks all

· Registered
380 Posts
thanks for the article. this is of extreme help for a newbie such as myself. just bought a crx and did the brakes. it is an easy task. now on to timing belt and water pump. let the research begin on how to do it yourself.

· Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Everyone - I appreciate what you wrote. I'm glad I could be of service. Everything I learned I learned from the various forums, so I'm sending it back around.

I did originally post this many years ago on the CRXresource.org, before most everyone there came here. Please feel free to post this elsewhere on other CRX boards, just credit it to xxPaulCPxx so I don't get accused of plagerism! :biggrin:

Funny thing is... I'm again in the market for a CRX! My 90 Auto MPFI was totaled in my driveway by an impaired neighbor. I've been hitting craigslist and this forums classifieds for a replacement, just waiting for the right one. If I have something to add, like and update for THIS age of CRX, I'll do so.

· Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Right now I'm busy making trebuchets, water rockets, and a 10' tall bow and arrow for my son't 8th birthday party... first thing's first!

· Registered
672 Posts
xxpaulcpxx said:
Addiction Warning : The CRX Community General has determined that CRX's can become addicting, and even second hand experience can cause side effects. If you are not yet addicted to the CRX, consider heroin instead. It is easier to kick, cheaper in the long run, and considered slightly more respectable by your friends and family. No one will never question you on why you are addicted to heroin - but EVERYONE will ask you why you have a pathological love for a two decade old "grocery getter" with 200,000 miles on the odometer.
omg so true. my mom is like... is that a ford? your always working on it. naw im just addicted.

· Registered
1 Posts
Just browsing today thought i'd check out the what do i do first post...and here i am....

it made me giggle a little :rofl: even at 21yrs old bcuz this post says their 11yrs old then re-posted then commented that their actually 15 yrs or so and now today 2011 in dec last part of this year i sit back and realize my love, my pride and joy, next to my wife and baby is as old as i am and will be turning 22 in a couple weeks.. :cry: ahh how the years have flown...wow 3 years short of a CLASSIC!!!!! :nod: and shes still just as beautiful and needing love at the same time after 21 years!!

and if i have anything to say about it she will go another 40 i will always keep my crx MY 1990 JDM to the core CRX

god i love CRXs'

41 - 60 of 72 Posts