Honda CRX Forum banner
61 - 72 of 72 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
xxpaulcpxx said:
Right now I'm busy making trebuchets, water rockets, and a 10' tall bow and arrow for my son't 8th birthday party... first thing's first!
Trebuchets? :shock: 10' Tall bow and arrow? :shock: :shock: Hmmmmmmm Paulcpxx must have THE most interesting garage in the known world.... :mrgreen:

Thank you heaps bunches and gobs for the fantastic (and hilarious) article for we CRX beginners, Paulcpxx. Even though I've owned my 91 HF for almost 5 years, I'm finally fed up with mechanics who can't seem to either diagnose a problem correctly and/or appreciate the beauty & functionality of the CRX!!! :yell: :(

So, I've decided to take off the girly shoes and just learn about how to fix her myself!!

Thanks again to Paulcpxx and all you other CRX fanatics for all your help and encouragement.

· Registered
39 Posts
Paulcpxx probably lives in the boonies, we that live in the boonies get bored and start McGyvering **** laying around the property and nearby 'hoods.

I def got addicted, the 30 mile drive with shyte acceleration and a missing driver side mirror, I was afraid to turn on the lights, was afraid it would kill the engine from some short or maybe a tail light would be out, the guy I bought it from was hurrying me so that I didn't have time to fully inspect its roadworthyness before I hit the 80. But in spite of its apparent mechanical maladies I have had far worse cars!!! a 92 celica ST and a 87 audi 4000CS to name the worst, and you should have seen the Audi after I was done with it, looked like a showroom car!!!

· Registered
22 Posts
Good info in the first post.

I just picked up an 88' CRX DX w/ an automatic. All stock, except for an aftermarket head unit. Only 128K miles. Speedo is a little off compared to the GPS, but I roughly got 39 mpg last weekend. I've always wanted a CRX back in the day, now I have one as my commuter.

· Registered
39 Posts
I must be getting old, we used to call them "decks" or CD players/tape players/radios . . . .
You say head unit I think I'm missing out on some gizmo that gives you head while your cruising . . .

· Registered
1 Posts
Good write up still.
It's Saturday Feb 6th 2016' and I just recently bought my 3rd CRX.
It's a bone stock 91 DX, with only 126,000k miles.
I'm extremely excited, this car is so full of potential. I will include pics in my posts and I look forward to getting to know everyone here.

· Registered
1 Posts
Wow, this write up aged super well! It's January 19th, 2023 and my '88 crx is 35 years old. I have a service manual and what looks like a great community. I can't wait to scour the entire site looking for stuff to do to my little death trap.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts