:p

Difficulty: 8/10

Parts and tools you need:

New shift knob
stickers
arm with hand, must have decent grip
key

Removing the OEM part:

Grab the stock knob with the grippy hand, and twist it in a counter-clockwise direction. Continue rotation until the knob comes loose.

Installing the aftermarket unit:

Using the key, cut the seal and open the box. Remove the brochure and stickers, then remove the knob and nut. Using the hand again, thread the nut on in a clockwise direction until it is at the bottom of the threaded shifter rod. Now, do the same with the knob. When the knob is just about touching the nut, spin it so that the H-pattern showing is oriented correctly, or to where you want it, and then move it about 15 degrees counter clockwise. Now bring the nut up to the bottom of the knob. Twist the knob into the nut so that they tighten and stop rotating freely. Torque to the spec listed in the manufacturer's supplied spec sheet. Now apply the stickers, preferably to a highly visible location on the exterior of the car.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Ha!

One question, how do I know which direction to point the H pattern? I'm so confused......

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
downest said:
It depends if your car is LHD or RHD.
(Finally, I get LHD and RHD, been wondering about that.)

But seriously, I tried this, and I've got the R pointing to the right (R stands for Right, right), but now I can't get it into gear.....

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Hahahahaah...Tom You dork! 8/10 difficulty!
Remind me to punch you in the arm at N13! :lol:

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got my new Skunk2 knob today, I thought I'd have some fun instead of just posting that I got it... I guess if you haven't used one you don't understand how it's actually exciting... Anyway, I'm loving it, it will be nice when I get the FLP shifter to go with it.

Damn I'm tired... spent all evening doing a clutch in a Subie... what a pain!

more fun:

downest this afternoon on AIM said:
d0wnest: i really never would have thought a knob would make such a difference until i felt yours
d0wnest: umm
d0wnest: the one in your car i mean
mattminerDOTcom: hah yeah man
mattminerDOTcom: you touched my unit
d0wnest: i know
d0wnest: and it got bigger since then too
DUB said:
Crap! I could have used this tonight when I put on my new Skunk 2 shift knob on my dual bend trucker shifter.
I didn't get my trucker shifter... yet...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.