Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brought the kit out to meet the CRX today. Kind of test fitted the skirts and door cap, a little iffy.

My question is: Do I leave the side mouldings on the car and install the skirts and doorcaps overtop?

Anyone have any links/pictures/tips for me?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
THE WW kit I had was designed to fit at the top in the recess that the top trim tkaes up thus i took it off. . . . . makes me mad too as i just found a instruction booklet for one the other day and though . . man ill never need this and tossed it. . . . but i would say take the trim off the tops of the doors . . i believe all the other stuff like lower door mouldings can stay on though

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
I had to take off the lower door molding, the side "rib" molding off of the fender, door, and rear 1/4 panel... the lower oem plastic that is attached to the body (rocker cover) should stay there.

Yea, be careful with the clips, but they can all be removed without yanking or pulling the trim off... but to get the rear ones, you'll have to pull the interior side panels (the big ones), to get the doors, take the door panels off, carefully peel the plastic back (may have to replce this with new plastic), and for the front, just get in behind the splash guard.

Don't forget about the little nut at the back edge of the door that helps hold in the door molding piece right there.

·
Registered
368 Posts
black_krix_si said:
that double sided tape sucks! ive fixed my door cap 5 or 6 times now and after a few god rains its coming loose again. Ill have to look into that panel bond stuff.
4 years on my EX CRX (see pic up) and still there whit the double face tape! 8)

remember.... the door cap hanging by it self whit tape (secure whit 2 screw inside the door) the rest of the side skirt use tape and srew!

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
You have to use the right tape...

3M Gray "Outdoor Tape" is what i used to repair and remount mine after painting, and it held like nobodies business... you can pick up rolls of it at even WalMart.. it isn't 3M brand there, but it is Gray in color, and it is used for hanging things outsidee on your house... so use it to hang stuff outside of your car :p

But really, the right tape, and use of an adhesion promoter (you can find this at most professional body shop supply places), and it'll be there for a LONG time to come...

·
Registered
368 Posts
ComposiMo said:
You have to use the right tape...

3M Gray "Outdoor Tape" is what i used to repair and remount mine after painting, and it held like nobodies business... you can pick up rolls of it at even WalMart.. it isn't 3M brand there, but it is Gray in color, and it is used for hanging things outsidee on your house... so use it to hang stuff outside of your car :p

But really, the right tape, and use of an adhesion promoter (you can find this at most professional body shop supply places), and it'll be there for a LONG time to come...
+1 8)

·
Registered
529 Posts
I used 3m on mine too. It held great even know I puled it off, and redid it a few times. Not because it wasn't sticking, but because other things were being done. I just don't understand why WW didn't do it like Mugen did originally. It is so much better without the stock side skirts. Tucks in so much better. Some body kit maker should remake the real Mugen stuff.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.