Honda CRX Forum banner
61 - 80 of 105 Posts

· Registered
3,046 Posts
Ldo said:
beto323 said:
Yeah but it's only able to turn like once, every time, so it's back and forth. Unscrew, take it out unscrew again...etc.. but it's not impossible man.
Putting those e-brake line screws back is 10 times worse. I ended up leaving them off. Too lazy to mess with lowering the gas tank.
I did the same thing Luke. lol. Got lazy and I wanted to finally drive my car:)

· Registered
21 Posts
I bought a 91 crx si shell and I have a 89 dx I want to change the rear brakes so it should be easy right . I'm just confused over the brake line .I need to take out the dx e-brake line and put the si one on right? Please clear thins up for me

· Registered
380 Posts
wow. licrxguy, a lady totaled my 91 crx and to replace her i got an 89 dx. so i am swapping some stuff over from the 91 si to the 89 dx. i will be doing the exact same thing as you. keep me updated man i am somewhat confused on this, and it would be nice to do this while someone is doing the exact same thing.

· Registered
671 Posts
I'm located in Socal and planning to do a rear disc conversion. What I would like to know from the peeps that had done the conversion is, whats the average cost to do the DA conversion on the crx? I went to a junk yard couple of days ago and the guy said he'll charge me $150 for the DA rear brakes, is that ok? If so, im thinking about getting it this weekend once I get some minor problems fixed. Thanks.

I would like to do the fronts also, Do I just ask for the front calipers only and the 4040 prop value from that same da?

· Administrator
16,557 Posts
$150 for a pair of DA trailing arms is not outrageous. I've seen them go for more, I've seen them go for less. For the fronts you need the complete knuckles, and you'll definitely want the proportioning valve.

While you're at it do the MC upgrade too. A DA master cylinder fits in a CRX if you use the Integra booster, or you can just bolt a 90/91 Civic Ex 15/16" MC onto your stock booster.

· Registered
380 Posts
might be dumb question, but how do you get the prop valve off? i tried open end wrenches but cannot get those four cable things off of it.

ps- if anyone is in GA near Lawrenceville and wants to help me on this task (am a huge noobie) PM me. i would love the help.

· Registered
208 Posts
not saying i hate it, but i wish someone would do a writeup on the Scarebird type conversion rear disc brackets. that way you dont have to change ur entire rear control arms and such.

· Registered
8 Posts
Here is an auction I found on E-Bay for brake conversion

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-Ci ... 5ae1156c75

Since I would want to replace the rotors and calipers anyway would this be a good route, or should I try and find the assembly as a whole? And if this is a good way to go what other parts will I need besides the prop valve and e-brake cable?

THANKS!

61 - 80 of 105 Posts