Honda CRX Forum banner
81 - 100 of 105 Posts

· Registered
221 Posts
Sorry if I missed this in this thread, but when I bought my 91 CRX, the guy that I bought it from said that the front calipers/brake pads from a 2002 insight. Has anyone ever done this swap?

It's my understanding that these are lighter weight for the purpose of fuel efficiency. I'd like to convert the rear to disc brakes also and might as well keep them consistent with the front. I did a search, but didn't get any hits for a brake conversion with Honda Insight brakes. Does anyone know of any threads/forums that discuss this?

Thanks.

· Registered
221 Posts
I think that's actually what's on the rear now, now that I think about it. But my reason for wanting to switch is just that I think disc brakes are easier to work on/change pads. I don't really know anything about drums... and don't really want to learn :)

· Registered
101 Posts
For a 91 dx, if I am going to use rear trailing arms/knuckles from a DA integra, do I need to replace the brake lines too? I checked this thread, I know I gotta get a 2040 prop valve, but what about the regular brake lines? And also, do I have to get si emergency brake cables, OR will the DA ones work fine?

· Registered
4 Posts
I was wondering if someone could clear this up for me I heard from a buddy of mine that you can use the stock spindles that I can just get the da teggy calipers pads rotors that they should just bolt right on to the stock spindles and if anyone could give me a part number for the 15/16 MC or a link to advance auto to the correct one I dont want to buy the wrong stuff! Thanks in advance, - Randy

· Registered
5,058 Posts
no, integra calipers wont bolt on to stock knuckles.

theyll bolt to EX knuckles, because theyre the same caliper.

you were asking about the fronts, right? if you mean the rear, then yeah the rear calipers are all the same.

15/16 MC is from the 90-91 EX 4dr sedan.

there is also a 15/16 from a prelude and accord you can use, but requires an extra bend in the line. not a big deal, but might as well just get the EX.

http://www.norcalcrx.org/tyson/pics/brakepartslist.gif

· Registered
4 Posts
If not could some please list spindles with the larger rotors and calipers because I was in a rush when I originally started I have the 4040 prop valve integra rears calipers exc it never seemed like the braking was 100% but then reading that keeping the front calipers stock I need the 2040 prop valve instead but I had put accidentally integra booster and master off of a abs car. so I have the stock booster 15/16 mc on the way and I just need to figure out which spindles I need to buy so I can hunt them out trying to get my baby on the road shes been off the road since 09! Thanks for all the help!

· Registered
10 Posts
need help.. i have a 89 HF, i have DA MC/booster, front DA brakes/hubs and rear brakes from 97 teg but nothing installed yet, so i got a 4040 valve BUT from a 94 ABS teg from ebay .... does that ABS prop valve works for my upgrade ??????

· Registered
24 Posts
Ok, kinda a newb to brakes, but I found a complete swap from a 91' CRX Si for $100 and i jumped at the offer to pick them up tomorrow, so its to my understanding I can just take everything off my DX and swap in the Si system, bleed the brakes and im good to go right?
cant figure how to post pics of the set up i bought

· Registered
5,343 Posts
leymone's91CRX said:
Ok, kinda a newb to brakes, but I found a complete swap from a 91' CRX Si for $100 and i jumped at the offer to pick them up tomorrow, so its to my understanding I can just take everything off my DX and swap in the Si system, bleed the brakes and im good to go right?
cant figure how to post pics of the set up i bought
Here is a good how-to for posting images: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16702

Apart from the rear trailing arms, you will need new handbrake cables and rear brake lines. I also strongly recommend you re-fresh the rear brakes/trailing arms. New trailing arm bushings, new wheel bearings/hubs, atleast a basic rebuild of the calipers (lube the slide pins), have the rotors cut if they're in good shape, and new pads. Make sure that something as important as brakes are good before putting them on your car.

81 - 100 of 105 Posts