Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sick of everyone saying "can I run X psi on my engine"... psi means nothing, power level is the limiter, I feel like a broken record.

anyway... you can run all the boost you want, on this turbo:

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
hes saying, because thet turbo has the capability of making like 150hp at 30 psi, you could run it on a d15 and say hey duuuuude ive got 30 psi how much boost you got.

then when i come by with 15psi making 350hp ill be like sorry dude ive only got 15 psi.

hes basically syaing how pressure level cross turbo is irrelevant to power production, all that matters is the flow rate of the turbo.

[email protected]

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
So if i strap a mountain dew can to my exhaust manifold and route the intake through it I can run 30psi???
What could I use for that? Like, some zip ties or something?

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
RamaCrx said:
Then reroute the methane from your personal emisions after the dew and
you can spray it! Life is beautiful.
And if you put a panducky sticker on the can, you get 5 more horsepower and the emissions will smell like cinnamon and flowers.

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
daveb91 said:
halloweenkid said:
sory i don't know anything about turbos and im trying to learn before i even look at getting one but what are you saying??? :?
hes saying he hates listening to noobs talk about things they dont know...instead of explaining he is just making fun of them........ :D
Kind of, I have explained many times but people don't like to read. So next time someone says "can I run 12 psi?" I'm going to say sure, on this turbo. You should see it next to a GT35R, it's laughable.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
While kind of funny, and I certainly do see your point in making this post, this isn't the kind of image we(you, myself, and every other veteran here) likes to portray of the Honda scene. I thought we were supposed to be the open arms club for new and old CRX owners with all sorts of Qs.

Here's some advice to help ease your stress on the issue:
If you don't want to repeat yourself over and over, just make an information post/text and link to it every time someone asks. Or just ignore the thread and move on. While you and a few others are the absolute backbone of knowledge available here, you are not obligated to reply every time someone posts about boost.

But don't worry, I'll still PM you all my boost questions... you wont get away that easy. lol :p

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.