Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has come up in the past on some different forums, but I thought it might be fun to re-visit the topic again.

Alot of you know me from over at the resource, but you might not know how I got my name "Sneaky_pete" Well.. you have to go back to 2001 and the days of the resource, when it was the place everyone was hanging at.. Cloudpump was still a predominant member on there, and I was going on 4 or 5 years of being on there.. I went by my last name.. Murray. Well, everyone on here either Knows Geoff, or has at least heard about the guy.. Well, for a time Geoff, in my opinion, was just being too hard on the newbs showing up on the resource.. Don't get me wrong.. most of the time he was trying to help, the way only Geoff can.. lol, but for about a month or so.. he was just being down right BRUTAL to these guys coming on there.. I made a post calling out Cloudpump. I told him what i thought about his actions, and it pretty much spiraled out of control from there... and that was the first time that I got banned, and probably the first time that Geoff got banned too..

Well, Geoff got back on as cloudpump again.. but I couldnt get back on as Murray.. and I couldnt get ahold of Steve.. so I came up with "Sneaky_pete" and went back on from there... during my few weeks off.. I dont know exactly what went on between Geoff and Steve.. but I think when Steve banned him and me from the resource that time.. it really ticked Geoff off.. and he took it up with Steve.. which as you all know ended with Geoff getting permenantly banned from the resource..

The rest is history as they say...

later

Sneak

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Back in highschool I had a japanese class and my teacher (for som reason-even though i wasnt a good student) liked me and insisted on me having a japanese name- Wasuri. I recently found out it means forgetful or the word itself forget. It kind of fits :)

Yet it seems im going by a different handle in a lot of forums so maybe a change may come if these great moderators approve :wink:

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Tom Downes.... downest. RPI assigns IDs to all the students, this is mine, and it was my screen name on AIM for years before that. It's kind of funny because people don't always understand what it means, like it's supposed to be the "most down" (downEST) or something.

Sneak, I always thought your handle was funny because there's a kind of sleazy club around here called sneaky pete's, good place to find underage college girls at on friday nights.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Mine is my actual name, stylized a bit with some underscores and an 01 slapped on the end for good measure.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When you think of Sneaky_Pete.. think underage college girls!! YEAH BABY! AWESOME!!

later

Sneak

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Err...wow where to start?

Ok years ago I used to race R/C ALOT! Almost semi-pro I would say.We would travel to Ohio,Indiana,Canada,Pennsylvania,New York,and Florida a few times.We(being a few buddies and I) used to travel around and race the big races.Anyways one day my friend says "Hey lets sign in under gag names."
Me being the clown I am says "Sure!"
We decided on a couple of names that would stick with us for years to come.We had no idea how this simple decision would stay with us like herpes. :shock:
My friend says "Ok I'll be luke warmwater."I just laughed for a minute and had one of those light bulb above the head moments.I just shot my name out like projectile vomit.

"I ramble out I'm oliver clozoff!"(say it SLOWLY!):lol:
Little did I know what I was starting.
Anyhow my "name" became the bane of race announcers jobs. lol
I mean hey who wouldnt like to hear in the "A" main "...and with 1 minute to go we have:insert long pause,and slow pronouncation: oliver clozoff leading this one?
I loved the attention and kept using the name. :shock: :lol: :lol:
Anyhow after I slowed the R/C down and switched to bigger cars I just shortened the name and kept the ollie name.It just kinda fits me.
I'm the class clown kinda guy that wants to get a smile from everyone.
sooo there ya have it! 8) :lol:
Long I know,but hey you asked.. :wink:

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
I went out of my way to find a screen name to use for online sites. A long time ago I was paging through an encyclopia of literature terms that was lying around at my parents' house. It had brief descriptions of books, plays, poems, and characters / places from all of them. I found some cool terms from norse mythology and finally settled on "ragnarok" which is the term for the end of the world / armageddon event. So I added an extra "a" cuz I thought it was cool when I was like 15, and it's stuck ever since.

Not as cool as college girls, but it works! :p

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I've been wondering for years if there's any intelligent life on this planet...and someone called me the SETI guy for a while. I later found out that SETI was also the egyptian god of the underworld. Sinister and vengeful. Wich fitted me perfectly. So since the 90's SETI stuck.
Back than I was into graffity bretty deep..and I got sick of changing my name from SETI96 to SETI97 and 2000 was the perfect oportunity to keep it at 20.

On other boards I'm known as SETIBBIG.

The BBIG addition is simple.
B . BIG with Bas being my first name, and BIG being the english translation for my dutch last name.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
All of my non honda loving friends always call my car The Krix, like Hows the krix doing?

So it was a black, krix, si. Its blue now, just havent decided on what to change it to.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Mine originated back in middle school. Back in the day I use to sign my name as Josh "The Man" Manser in peoples year books. In highscool I revisited the name when I set up my first online account but decided to shorten it. I've used numerous versions with numbers but joshman is still my first choice if it is available.

·
Registered
342 Posts
When I was in the Marine Corps I got stuck with the nickname Lumpy, as in "Leave it to Beaver". We also had another guy named "Beaver" in our shop. I guess I got the name becuase I was always on the high side of my weight limit. I was a mechanic on CH-53E Super Sea Stallion helicopters. So I took Lumpy + 53 =lumpy53. I use that screen name everywhere. Some places someone else has it already :shock: , so I put an E on it like Ebay i'm lumpy53e.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Most people online think my last name is Fisher. But it's not. My screen name came about in college (geez about 9 years ago). I was signing up for AOL and had to think of something. Hmmm. I chose my two forms of transportation: A Honda CRX and a Gary Fisher mountain bike. CRXFISHER. Ok, that works. And I've been known as "Fisher" ever since. I still have the mountain bike, but I now own a different CRX.

I also use an alias "Jason Fisher" as my full name when signing up for stupid crap like a grocery discount card and stupid reward stuff. I hate giving out my real name. I just liked the name Jason Fisher. Sounds cool.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I had been lurking the Resource for a while, and wanted to post a question, wasn't thinking about a cool screen name at the time, so I just used my name. Later I wished I had a cool screen name, but at that point I'd already made several posts, so I didn't want to change it.

I've used ProgrammerGirl or AZKludgeQueen since that's what I am and what I do. :D

I always thought Ollie was just Ollie's real name - got a kick out of the story. My husband has a favorite made-up name he uses whenever he resents having to give a name: Lorenzo Bozoni. (physics reference...)

1 - 20 of 120 Posts