Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for wakeing a new thread, but im new to Hondas, Hell new to this stuff period, But I ask my questions and endure my newbie bashings. So here goes, What is the reason and advantage to adding grounds? My electronics and stereo background states the obvious that better ground purely improves electrical aspects, But lately ive been hearing alot about ground systems and I see that alot of people do them, I guess my question is what are the benefits. :?:

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
91Crx said:
Sorry for wakeing a new thread, but im new to Hondas, Hell new to this stuff period, But I ask my questions and endure my newbie bashings. So here goes, What is the reason and advantage to adding grounds? My electronics and stereo background states the obvious that better ground purely improves electrical aspects, But lately ive been hearing alot about ground systems and I see that alot of people do them, I guess my question is what are the benefits. :?:
The main benefit is that it improves the quality of the signals coming from the many sensors on the engine. When the quality of the signals improves and becomes more accurate, your ECU (computer) has better information to work with and can make better choices for fuel mappings. This is the theory anyways....

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
from what ive read and understand about them is a just off the shelf kit probably isnt going to give you any gains. however honda tuning showed a while back that if you have time and a dyno you could gain 1-3 hp from a kit if you experiment with different grounding locations.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts